Saboteur

Charlie bear: I think Nick needs some love guys it's day 1 of classes.

Mr Silence 🕵️‍♂️: Nicholas, we believe 🖤

Our Queen 👑: Aled did you just.. feel something?

Mr Silence 🕵️‍♂️: Don't be completely ridiculous, I imitated human reassurance.

Literal Jock 🏈: You guys are the best. I'm so nervous I'm already 10 minutes late 💀💀💀

Charlie bear: It's only the introductory session it's going to be okay Nick xxx

Literal Jock 🏈: I know, just, I'm worried about Rugby tryouts later too 😭

Darcy: Rugby KING Nelson is worried about tryouts?

Curtain hair 💆: There's some Uni privilege going on here.

Charlie bear: Tao leave him alone, he needs support.

Our Queen 👑: Tao behave yourself, or no facetime call later

Curtain hair 💆: OMG NICK HEY IM HERE FOR YOU IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES!

Literal Jock 🏈: Thanks Tao, your false friendship is everything to me, truly 🙄

Curtain hair 💆: I can't believe I ever thought you were straight, so sarcastic 😑

Tara: Good point ngl 😂

Mr Silence 🕵️‍♂️: The signs were there  tutut 😂

Literal Jock 🏈: So I just walked in and the only person not in a pair for the paired activity is....

Charlie bear: I don't like Leeds, Leeds is evil.

Our Queen 👑: How are you even feeling having to deal with him?

Literal Jock 🏈: NONONO I HAVE TO DO THE END OF SEMESTER PROJECT WITH HIM I CANNOT.

Curtain hair 💆: Man down!

Charlie bear: HAHAHA THIS IS COOL AND NORMAL.

Literal Jock 🏈: Jesus Christ I don't even want to pretend I'm okay with this :/

--------------------------

(Nick and Ben's texts)

Ben: I'm going to the library later to do some planning and to get some books, would you like to attend, I mean, I can't really plan without the person I'm supposed to do this with?

Nick: Yes.

Ben: Cool, see you at the library at 3?

Nick: Yes.

Ben: Great.

--------------------------

(Nick and Charlie's texts)

Char: Heyyyy cutie, was class okay? Looking forward to the afternoon call 😍

NN: Hey baby, what time are we gonna call?

Char: Rude, you know we know I get out at 3.

NN: Ah of course, I'm going to the library at 3 could we do a facetime after Rugby instead?

Char: Yeah yeah that's fine don't worry, g2g talk later love you x🧡

--------------------------

(Charlie and Tao's texts)

Charles: TAO

Tao: Christ WHAT NOW?

Charles: Nick just cancelled our afternoon Call to 'go to the library' A FUCKING LIBRARY TAO

Tao: Well, he is at university, presumably reading books is a requirement?

Charles: But already? This SUCKS

Tao: I don't know, Elle's doing art so she just facetimes me me while drawing so y'know.

Charles: Wow thanks, that makes me feel so much better 🙄

--------------------------

(Nick and Charlie's texts)

Char: Sorry, I know you're at the library but I just wanted to say good luck at rugby tryouts later you're gonna smash it!

Char: Did you actually have to do loads of work at your first lecture?

Char: I looked into unis today, what's the difference between a lecture and a seminar?

Char: What books are you even having to read on your first day, hopefully you can just do half the project and leave that scumbag to do his part loll

Char: Everything alright Nick.

Char: Okay well you're probably on your way to practice now so enjoy!

Char: Sorry for all the annoying texts just ignore them.

--------------------------

(Nick's POV)

"Why exactly did you insist on getting here 20 minutes early Ben?" I asked as we climbed the steps, Ben looked frustrated, "Because, Nelson, I realised if we did I could book us a meeting room to study in, I prefer smaller spaces" I looked at him, annoyed "Stop calling me Nelson, the only people who call me Nelson are Tao and Charlie" I couldn't see his face but he was definitely pulling a smug smile.

*BUZZ BUZZ* "Wait wait! Let me guess, text from Charlie?" I flipped the phone onto silent and looked at him "What about it?" I asked, "Nothing nothing, I just think it's odd for a couple to need to be in constant contact in order for it to work you know?" I try to process the implications of that, "No, that's not- we- I don't" he laughs "Tell you what, just as a psychological exercise, let's see if you can go the study session without looking at your phone?" I look at him with narrowed eyes, "Fine".

--------------------------

(Nick's POV cont)

I'm not sure why Ben insisted on coming to the rugby tryouts, but to be fair his encouraging shouts have helped, it reminds me of when Charlie would shout things at practice, strange.

--------------------------

(Nick's POV cont)

It was only after I left Ben Hope from rugby tryouts that I remembered I'd put my phone on silent and I finally see the messages Charlie sent, I'm not really sure how to respond and I do feel a bit guilty about spending that time talking with Ben instead of Charlie, but, isn't that what University is about? Prioritising my subject? Something feels wrong.

NN: Hey you! Guess who got on the rugby team!

Char: AHHHHHHH CONGRATULATIONS IM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!! 🧡🧡🧡

NN: Awhhh thanks Char xxx

--------------------------

Charlie bear: EVERYONE, NICK MADE THE UNI RUGBY TEAM

Curtain hair 💆: Congratulations Nelson.

Our Queen 👑: I knew he would!

Mr Silence 🕵️‍♂️: Ah, continuing your endeavours of physical violence in a socially acceptable way, well done Nicholas.

Darcy: Nice one Nicky!

Tara: This act receives the Tara Jones seal of approval.

Darcy: Great can you go back to giving my mouth your seal of approval please?

Literal Jock 🏈: FFS Darcy 😂 Guys thank you so much. I couldn't do it without the support of my number 1 fan love youuuuu @Charlie bear 🧡🧡🧡🧡

Mr Silence 🕵️‍♂️: Romance has entered the chat.