Tara and Darcy (Offshoot 12)

CW: Gender distress and unhealthy coping mechanisms.

Tara: Hey, you seemed off today, what's up?

Darcy: Nah everything's fine don't worry.

Tara: Okay let me rephrase, you bit Elle's head off for MISPELLING A word in Geography Darcy, unless you and sedimentary rocks have a secret relationship I'm going to guess something is up. 

Darcy: Christ Tara, am I not allowed to have a bad day, I'll apologise to Elle later, okay?

Tara: No! Because that isn't the issue! The issue is you're keeping secrets and I don't like it. 

Darcy: Tara, babe, I love that you care so much, but please, just drop it.

Tara: No, you're acting weird and I don't like it.

Darcy: I CAN'T TALK TO YOU ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT.

Tara: Then find SOMEONE to talk to, it's clearly beating you down. 

Darcy: I have my way of dealing with it thanks. 

Tara: What's that?

Darcy: The almighty bottle my darling 

Tara: Shit, that's not funny Darcy... 

Darcy: You think I'm joking?

Tara: That's enough I'm coming over.

Darcy: You can't, my grandparents are round.

Tara: Then I'll wait until they leave.

Darcy: URGH! You're impossible.

Tara: Yup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tara: Seeing as I'm stuck waiting outside you're house do you want to start explaining now or wait for everything later?

Darcy: Urgh, fine, I didn't this to have to happen, but here goes, since before we started dating I've known there was something wrong with me, since I was a kid actually. When I slapped the lesbian label on myself it didn't feel right. Lesbians are women that are into women, and I've only recently realised that it's not sexuality that I'm struggling to understand, it's gender. I wasn't comfortable with being called a 'lesbian' because it reinforced that I'm a woman, and, I'm just not. 

Tara: Oh, wow. Okay that's a lot to process.

Darcy: Yeah I know. 

Tara: Sorry of course you do.

Darcy: You don't need to apologise, I've just felt so guilty, I keep thinking as to whether I should have figured this out before getting into a relationship I've felt so awful :,( 

Tara: Wtf are you talking about, if we didn't get together the rejection would have sent me straight back through to Narnia ngl. 

Darcy: FFS TARA XD xxxx

Tara: I love you so much <3 

Darcy: I love you moreee xxxx

Tara: When can I come in I want cuddles?!?!?!!?

Darcy: Can we go to yours?

Tara: Omggg yes lets go. We need to talk about this more, AND the drinking...

Darcy: Ah, could we like, maybe not? 

Tara: Come on you.

Darcy: Sugarrrrrrrrrrrr