The Upside Down: Pt. 2

Not even two seconds after Steve was out the door, the lights went crazy. Nancy, Jonathan, and I all circled up, keeping our backs up against each other.

"Where is it?" Nancy yelled.

"I don't hear anything," I commented, the only thing in my ears being my racing heart rate.

"You see it?" Jonathan asked.

"No!" Nancy and I answered.

"Come on!" he taunted.

"Coward!" I yelled.

The lights suddenly went out completely, throwing us in complete darkness. I could barely make out my friends' figures, let alone find some creature hunting us.

Something growled behind us, my heart rate spiking. I whipped around, a tall figure illuminated in the dark.

"Jonathan!" I screamed. The Demogorgon pinned him to the ground, its face getting dangerously close to him. The lights were flickering again, throwing the scene back and forth between light and darkness.

Without realizing what I was doing, I unwrapped the bandage around my bloodied hand and held it to the monster's face. Wet, warm blood oozed down my hand, making me the perfect target.

Its head slowly turned up to me. A wave of fear washed over me, but I held my hand closer. The Demogorgon stood up, letting Jonathan go, and got closer to me. Its hand grabbed my wrist, securing me to the spot. Its mouth opened up, giving me flashbacks to Steve's party. A tongue snaked out and licked the blood off my hand. Vomit welled up my throat, but I swallowed it down.

Nancy fired her gun, startling the monster. It turned to her, then back to me, as if it was saying, Why would you let her do that!? Its mouth opened entirely, and for a split second, I thought it was going to kill me. Nancy fired her gun again. The monster slightly closed its mouth and gave off We'll finish this later vibes. Its clawed hand smacked into my side, sending me crashing into a wall decorated with lights.

Pain erupted throughout my body, especially where the Demogorgon clawed me. Lightbulbs were crushed beneath me, creating little scratch marks here and there. I pushed the dizziness back as best I could and sat up, creating more ripples of pain in my body. I ignored it and quickly scanned my surroundings.

Nancy was still firing the gun at the Demogorgon, although no bullets were coming out. Jonathan was still dazed from his encounter, though he was trying to get up. The monster was getting closer and closer to her.

"Nancy!" I cried.

In the corner of my vision, I could make out some tall figure walking through the door. Was it another Demogorgon?

That theory was quickly disproved once he stepped into my vision. Steve crept up behind the monster, the nail-studded bat in his hands. The Demogorgon somehow sensed him and turned to him. He quickly swung, sending the monster down the hallway.

A dose of adrenaline surged in my blood. I quickly stood up and helped Jonathan to his feet. We rushed down the hall after Steve, just in time. The Demogorgon's foot got stuck in a bear trap.

"Now!" Nancy yelled.

Jonathan threw his lighter at the gasoline-soaked carpet, quickly sending the monster up in flames. A wave of heat rolled past us, pushing us back a step. My arm flew up in front of my eyes, trying to shield them from the intense light.

"Get back!" Jonathan yelled. I squinted my eyes, seeing Jonathan grab a fire extinguisher and putting out the flame. The heat quickly subsided. I pushed past Steve and Jonathan to better see the scene. A dark circle of burned carpet surrounded the beartrap, which had disgusting goop on it. But no Demogorgon.