The Weirdo on Maple Street: Pt. 1

The black webs felt delicate under my fingertips, thin and ready to break at a moment's notice. I was tempted to leave them be, but my determination pushed through. I was going to find Will, and if this was the way, then so be it.

I tore through the webs and touched the pulsing flesh beneath. It seemed to light up wherever it had contact, creating an outline around my hand. The feeling to leave it came back, but I pushed it down. I took a deep breath, ready to push through, when something walked behind me.

Terrified, I whirled around, and pointed the flashlight in their face. My free hand grabbed my discarded gun and held it at eye-level.

"Y/n!?"

I recognized that voice. My fear died down, but was quickly replaced by anger. "Dustin!? What are you doing here!?"

"Why are you here alone?" Lucas asked, making me realize that Dustin had brought along the rest of the party, and... a girl?

"Why are you guys here without an adult?"

"I don't see you with one, either!"

"Yeah, because I practically am one," I spat. "Plus, I brought something to defend myself. And who's this girl?"

The boys all looked at each other, a slight expression of concern flashing on their faces before disappearing again.

"We just... found her," Mike answered.

They just found her? Why would a 12 year old girl be out here, all alone, while someone was missing? She wasn't even dressed for this type of weather! The only thing around her thin frame was an oversized t-shirt. No shoes, no pants, nothing.

But why would Mike lie about something like this? He didn't look like he was lying, and it wasn't like him or the other boys to do anything like this.

The infected tree wasn't on my mind anymore. In fact, though I hate to say this, Will wasn't even my top priority now. I needed to get this little girl somewhere safe, where she could get dried off and give us some answers.

"My car's this way."

***

"Remind me again why we can't tell Karen about this girl?"

Mike sighed, "For the fifth time, we weren't supposed to be out. We'll solve all this tomorrow, I promise, but it's best if we don't do anything tonight."

"Uh-huh, and why exactly am I supposed to trust you three?"

"Why not? Listen, Y/n, we have a plan. You just have to believe that we're capable," Dustin assured.

"Why can't I be involved in this?"

"Because she seems scared of you," Lucas answered. He was right. It took the boys a little bit to convince the girl to come with me, and even then, she stayed a ways behind me. When I tried offering her the front seat, she stared at me until Mike told her to sit with him and Lucas in the back. Throughout the entire ride, she'd stared at me, but never answered any questions I'd asked.

Defeated, I sighed, "If anything goes wrong, come out and get me, or get Karen or Nancy. Just... please don't do anything that would get you guys hurt, ok?"

A chorus of "Ok" echoed around the car before all four kids got out.

"I'll just be waiting out here," I called. I waited for the door to shut behind them before letting my focus go elsewhere.

Really? ||Steve Harrington x Female Reader||जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें