MISSING

THIS ONESHOT CONTAINS- fluff and cursing.

_________________________________________________

Jungkook sighs as he stirs his coffee. It had been a long day and he wanted to go home. Being a police officer was not easy.

His cheek was still throbbing from where he got kicked in the face while he was trying to break a fight between two cell mates.

"Jeon, there's a lady here with a missing person's report."

Jungkook picks up his coffee and makes his way to his desk where a woman in her early twenties seemed like she was crying.

As soon as he takes a seat, the woman starts frantically talking, "MY BABY!!! HE'S GONE MISSING!! I turned for a second and now he's gone."

Jungkook watched in horror as the woman started sobbing. Poor woman. He can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child. This must be so scary for her.

"I can imagine it must be hard for you ma'am . But I need you to calm down so I can find your son."

"HOW CAN I CALM DOWN? I can't believe he's gone. What if something bad happened to him? ", He watches the lady go into a nervous breakdown.

"I need you to help me so we can find your baby faster. The sooner you help me, the sooner I can help you find your son."

When his words register, she stills in an instant.

With determination, she swipes away her tears and looks at him with great intensity.

Now that she had calmed down, he could see her face clearly. He could tell she looked pretty and with the damp cheeks from all the crying, she looked serene.

"Okay ma'am can I ask you a few questions now?"

She nods her head eagerly.

"What's your name?"

"Park Chaeyoung."

"When was the last time you saw your son?"

"We were in the park and he was running around and I had just turned for a second and- and he was gone. It's all my fault, I should have been more careful. I can't believe I lost my baby.", He watches a set of fresh new tears fall from her eyes. Just looking at the pain she's going through causes him torment. It was never easy when someone came in trying to find their loved ones .He didn't know what he could say to make it better but he had hopes that he could at least reunite her with her son.

"You couldn't have known. Don't waste your energy by blaming yourself. Instead let's put this energy into finding him. I'll try my best to find your son." he says despite knowing that he shouldn't make promises that he can't keep.

"Now, we have to fill this missing person's report as fast as possible so we can find him sooner."

"Okay, officer. Anything for my baby."

"When did he go missing?"

"It was around 5pm. That's when we go to the park. I tried looking for him everywhere but I saw no sign of him. I have no clue where he could have gone."

"I know this may be hard to hear, but you should keep your mind open for all possibilities including a kidnapping."

Jungkook sees how the woman tries to maintain her composure but she was failing miserably.

"What's his name?"

"Hank"

"How old is he?"

"He's only two years old.", she replies with a sniffle.