THE GHOST THAT HAUNTS ME - 3

Author's note- I know this a oneshot but there's like 2 more chapters left. 💀

And pls ignore all the typos and grammatical errors. I haven't slept for the past two days so I don't have the energy to proofread shit.

__________

"Hi."

Jungkook wasn't expecting a response when he was questioning her.

He thought it was a once in a lifetime phenomenon kind of thing. Or maybe it was because she was drunk.

But he was desperate for her acknowledgement. So he tried anyway.

Jungkook thought he'd be having a one-sided conversation with her for hours before he gave up. Nevertheless he hoped that there was a small chance that she would respond to him.

And when she actually did, he was speechless.

He just stared at her with his mouth open, not believing his ears.

With a shaky hand he pointed at her, his mouth trying to form words but nothing coming out.

Chaeyoung twists her hands in her lap and tries again, "Hey."

"HOW?"

"SINCE WHEN?!"

"Was it because you got super drunk yesterday and you're still hungover? Wait no that can't be right. You don't seem surprised to see me. Since when could you see me?"

Chaeyoung doesn't say anything and looks at her lap while biting her lips.

"How many days has it been? Wait, has it been a week?"

"A MONTH?"

Chae looks up at him with a guilty expression and clears her throat then shakes her head no.

Jungkook finally understands.

"THIS WHOLE TIME?!! FROM THE BEGINNING?!! DON'T FUCK WITH ME PARK CHAEYOUNG!"

"Well....', Chaeyoung says in a small voice.

"NOOO....There is NO WAY you could see me this whole time."

"But what about when you first saw me? You didn't look surprised. Hell you didn't even look at me properly. Then what about, what about the time I threw a vase at that dick's head? Or that other time when I threw the eggs? You pretended like you didn't know what was going on. How is that possible if you didn't see me? And what about-" Jungkook stops to gasp dramatically "That day after y-you had that d-dream... Did you by any chance see me then? Oh my god did you hear what I said?!!"

Jungkook didn't need to explain which dream he was referring to. Her blushing face indicated she knew EXACTLY what he was talking about.

Jungkook covers his mouth with both hands and starts panicking.

Holyshit. She knows I watched her when she had a- Shit shit shit.

"I- That- Shit!", Jungkook turns around and stares at the wall trying to get over his embarrassment.

But his curiosity takes over and he turns around.

"Wait. How?? And why didn't you say anything before? Why did you ignore me?", He says, feeling pissed.

"How could you just pretend not to see me? Did you never feel bad for me?"

"And what exactly should I feel bad for? You remember the first day I moved in? Remember when you gave me such a hard time? You knocked down my box, called me a dumb blonde, scared the shit out of my friends and do I even have to mention when you ALMOST destroyed my shoes. Those were YSL bitch!", she retorts.