RIVAL - 2

A/N- Hope y'all like this chapter. It's super long. And I'll be updating soon.

Also ignore the typos- I was too tired when I was editing this.

________________________

Chaeyoung was stewing, her mind replaying Jungkook's extra sweet sugary smile as if he was taunting her. He was doing it on purpose. She was sure of it. Even later that evening when she was hanging out with her friend Lisa she could not forget his stupid smile.

Lisa, who was painting her nails, looks up at Chaeyoung to see her face pulled into a scowl.

Lisa taps her forehead with her finger. "Stop frowning, you'll get wrinkles."

"Aish, I can't help it. It's all his fault."

"Wae? What did Jungkook do this time?"

"I didn't say it was Jungkook."

"You didn't have to. I know you and these days your anger is always because of one Jeon Jungkook. So no, Chae you didn't have to tell me."

She sighs in defeat. Yeah there was no way she could fool Lisa.

"So tell me, what did the jerk do this time?"

"He was trying to steal my man. Again. Jaeyhun and I were talking today and then Jungkook comes and gives me this evil look and inserts himself into our conversation. I am so done with that man. And guess what? He somehow convinced Jae to buy him a meal. HIM! Like hello- I never got one. How is it fair that he gets one before me? Why do I feel like Jungkook is gonna steal him from me?"

"I don't think you have to worry about that. From what we know- Jaehyun is definitely straight. And let's be honest we're not completely sure Jungkook is he gay."

"No but Jimin oppa said-"

"Girl you can't use your brother as a credible witness. That man is so delusional and has enough conspiracy theories to end up on the FBI's watch list."

"I agree with that but you just have to trust me on this. What Jimin said totally makes sense."

"If you say so."

"I don't even see what's so great about him."

"That's rich coming from you. Didn't you have the biggest crush on him back when you were younger. "

Chaeyoung sputters, "That's different. Plus it was a long time ago- it doesn't matter cause we don't like the man now. He is the enemy."

"If you say so. "

"I do say so."

Lisa was right. Chaeyoung did have a crush on Jungkook. Way, way back. But that all stopped when she realized that he was not going to see her as more than just Jimin's little sister. For as long as she could remember, he would always treat her like a little sister. For a while she really thought that maybe someday, something would happen. But turned out- that day never came. She knew he would only see her as a little kid even though he's only a year older. So she decided to pack up her one-sided feelings and move on. It was hard at first, but she learned to ignore those feelings and slowly, she got over it.

But now, the little shit had a crush on someone. Jaehyun. Her Jaehyun.

It was okay that he didn't like her back but stealing her man was a little too much in her opinion. She needed to make a move on Jaehyun before Jungkook could. She needed to make it when he was not there. With that in mind, she decides to text Jaehyun. She asks him out on a "date" -a friendly study date. Or what he thought was gonna be a study date.