Chapter 17 - Carnival of Love / becoming a new person

As we made our way to the heart of the Love Land, we ran...into a problem.

"Welcome to the Love Land!" "Or what we love to call..."

"Cupids Home!" Two Cupids said doing an odd stance.

"...I think I would prefer the King and Queen instead." Ruv turned around to leave but one of the cupids stopped him.

"My name is Senpai!"

"And I'm Monika!"

"The best cupids in the kingdom!" They said in union once again.

"Everyone here is way too overjoyed..." I mumble to myself.

"We were asked by the King and Queen to be your personal guides!" Monika informed.

"Where would you liked to go first?" Senpai suddenly appeared by my, practically side shoving a map in my face.

"How about here?" I pointed at a the park.

It would be nice to see what it looked like. My personal thought was Sakura trees, cupids living life, pink water, normal stuff. Nothing like what it was actually like.

"Welcome to the Anpu Park!"

Love-themed rides were everywhere with heart shaped candies and pink everywhere. A few couples could be seen publicly fucking with no shame. I could feel my heartbeat getting faster.

I was already embarrassed already knowing something awkward was going to happen.

And if something happened and anyone saw us kiss, it would be game over immediately.

"What would you like to do first?" Monika asked in the same cheerful monotone voice.

"This isn't good.."

----

"This is my room." The shy girl lead Selever to.

"Mhm." Selever said with a fake amused voice.

The two sat in the room in silence for a few minutes. Selever played on his phone while sitting in one of the chairs, not even daring to try to strike up a conversation. Soon, he had felt bad and decided to say something.

"Look Sky,"

"Im sorry about my parents. I don't think we would make a good fit..."

"Hey sis I heard the queen of The Heavens was here! Is she-" A new girl popped in and stared at me for a minute.

"Why is there a demon in your room?" The girl said in an impudent tone.

"Mom and dad-"

"Im telling mother and father!" She took off heading for the throne room.

Sky started to panic in her mind but it was visible to Selever and he tried to calm her down.

"Hey uh...don't worry. They know it's me so it'll just be nothing." He said practically shrugging it off.

"Its not ok! If Nusky asked for me to be punished my parents would do so! In a heartbeat!" Selever didn't see the problem until her name was called.

The fury that rang with it sent shivers down Selever's spine.

"Just...stay here." Selever did so and stayed in the room.

He could hear the faint yelling and soon screaming coming from the halls. He decided to check on it and saw something horrible.

"ALL YOU COULD DO WAS SIT NEXT TO HIM?! THATS IT?!" The mother yelled, holding a whip with what seemed to be spikes attached.

Nusky could be seen standing behind then with a smug smile watching the blood drip from her legs.

Selever heart sank wanting to intervene but what would he do?

"IF YOU CANT FUCK A DEMON HOW ARE WE GOING TO COUNT ON YOU FOR BEING QUEEN?! WE MIGHT JUST CONSIDER YOUR SISTER INSTEAD USELESS PEICE OF SHIT." Insult after insult Selever could feel his blood boil.

He barley knew the girl but how could they shamelessly beat their own child with something like that?

"Hey Sky! Im waiting!" Selever yelled in a tone he never thought he'd hear himself use.

The yelling went silent and a few whispered were illegible but soon the girl returned back to her room.

"Thank you." She barley managed a whisper but Selever could hear her clearly.

"Its uh...no problem." Selever felt better about himself for once. He helped someone. He was nice.

He smiled proudly sitting down next to the girl helping her bandage up.

----

After going to all the food places, there were only rides left. I tried my best to avoid all of the rides knowing they included something romantic.

Monika and Senpai repeating the same phrase every time we finished one area.

We had decided on the tea cups that had minimum room, squeezing me and Ruv together.

"I am sorry if this is bothering you." Ruv apologized with a soft tone.

"Its nothing. I just wish it didn't have to be like this." My heart hurt knowing I was practically cheating on the king.

"We can leave if you want." He offered as he started getting up but I pulled him back down.

"No I like this." I smile up at him.

The ride soon stops and we head for the brightest part of the park. The Ferris wheel.

The past events on earth replayed in my head, sending shivers down my spine.

"This is the Achai Ferris wheel! The first thing that made the park famous!" Their voices where starting to get on my nerves.

"We can ride this one with you-"

"I think we prefer not." I cut them off then speed over to the ride.

The two just nodded and watched as we ran off. We got front line access for obvious reasons.

When the ride started I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I bushed and sat quietly next to Ruv.

"Y/N...I think we should just go back to earth."

"Once I seal the marriage with King Axel. If he has my power to protect heaven I can go back to earth with ease." Ruv nodded knowing I had good intentions.

"Well since I know you do not love the king, can I do this?" Ruv pulled me closer sliding his hand under my shirt.

"Of course." Before anything could go further, the ride came to an abrupt halt.

We were around the top and when we got up to look around the entire area was dark.

The confused voices of the Cupid could be heard but none manageable to hear.

Suddenly a beam of light could be seen. It was small and I couldn't tell who but someone around us had said something that shook our core.

"Why is the King of The Heavens here?"

Im sorry if this chapter is total shit idk what I was on when I wrote this