Chapter 4 - powers? never heard of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dear readers - I have no fucking clue how I found the image above just know, its fucking ho- AHEM enjoy reading ¬‿¬

    There was someone violently shaking the angel out of me. I was half awake when the words coming out of their mouth started to make sense to me.

"Y/N!" I open my eyes to see Sarvente.

"Its so late. What are you freaking out about?" I rub my eyes to get a better view of my surroundings.

"The church! It's on fire!" Her voice cracking, trying to hold back her tears.

"What do you mean!?" My eyes widen.

The smoke was visible. Wheres Ruv? Shouldn't he be with Sarvente? Wait I should think about that heartless bastard right now.

"We need to get out!" Sarv pulls me out of bed and heads for the exit.

The eager to get out the faster I ran towards the church doors. "Y/N!" Sarv suddenly shouts.

A part of the roof collapses and walls start to fall too. My feet push back trying to slow down as the slippery floors make us slide across.

We head for the other side of the church. It was one of the parts that was visibly ok and safe from the fire.

Ruv starts to come in view. I reach my hand out to him as the too of us get closer to the man. He slaps my hand away and closes the giant wooden doors.

I fall to the floor and Sarv falls with me. "THAT BITCH! I TOLD YOU! HE PROBABLY LIT THE FIRE!" My head snaps towards the girl crying.

"I though...if I could save him...my sins would be forgiven! I was just being selfish!" She manages to say through her sobs.

I feel guilty for yelling at her again. The smoke gets thicker starting to make it hard to breath.

What do I do?

All I wanted to do was to protect Sarv but id likely fail at that already. I grab Sarvente's arm again and pull her into a hug and wrap my wings around us.

"What are you doing?" She looks at me confused.

"If we're going to die I don't want the last thing I see is you crying." I hugged the girl tighter.

More parts of the roof start to fall and most of them hit me. I used my wings knowing they couldn't catch on fire.

Sarv only cries more trying to get me to move my wings but I don't budge.

I start to feel dizzy. It was probably the smoke that caused it. Voices could be heard but I didn't know what they were saying.

----

I woke up in a hospital. A doctor had walled in and told me about my wings. Id be fine but the chances of flying or even moving my wings again would be low.

Sarv scolded me for the stunt I pulled but also cried. She was worried and was told I would be there for at least a week.

The last person I wanted to see was the bitch that didn't want to save me and smacked my hand out the way like it was nothing.

"Y/N-" My head quickly turns in the direction.

An unmistakable voice. He was here and If he though we were going to talk then he was wrong.

"Ill just go." He turns around.

Though, it was short lived as Ruv was pushed back into the room with a loud slam that came from the door.

The man took a deep sigh and walked closer to my hospital bed. The closer he got the more I realized how horrifying he actually was.

"D-don't get closer." To my surprise he listen.

There was an awkward silence between the too of use before he took a seat. I opened my mouth to say something but I regretted it immediately and went silent.

"How are you feeling?" Ruv asked trying to break the silence.

"Ok." I reply with a short answer.

"I heard you may never be able to fly again."

"Yeah."

We both sit there looking away from each other, Slowly getting more awkward each second.

"Look about what happened at the church-" My face instantly filled with fury turns around to look at him.

"about what happened at the church-" I mock him "ITS YOUR FAULT! I MIGHT NEVER FLY BECAUSE OF YOU! ME AND SARVENTE ARE HOMELESS BECAUSE OF YOU! IM HOSPITALIZED BECAUSE. OF. YOU!" Tears start to make my vision blurry.

I quickly try to wipe them away but Ruv beats me to it. He uses his finger to wipe them away. His face somewhat looking more calm than stern.

A blush forms on my face as he started to get closer and closer to me. My eyes widened when we were inches away then he passed by my face and sat back down on his chair, handing me a box of tissues.

"Get out!" I slap the box out of his hands.

Ruv doesn't say anything and stands up to walk out. I started to feel bad and reached my hand out to grab his hand.

My attempt to stop him from leaving made me leap out the bed causing both of us to fall.

I rub my head trying to bare the pain from the impact then remembering I wasn't the only one on the floor.

"Im sorry! Are you ok?" Ruv opened his eyes.

He glared at me letting me know he was pissed. I attempt to stand up but my legs felt horrible making me collapse again.

"Your so useless." He picks me up like a child and sits me on the bed.

Ruv heads for the door. I wanted to say something but I couldn't. "Thank you." My words come out once he leaves.

I cover my face with my hands in embarrassment and slightly at the fact that I fucking suck.

We love ruv >:)