Chapter 5 - frostbite?

~no more procrastination~ my eye hurts and im really tired so if there are spelling mistakes or something doesn't make sense blame past me ok? great :)

   The hospital wasn't that bad. Sarv had come with Ruv to visit me everyday he was practically dragged through the doors so we rarely talked much.

The doctors told me I would be able to leave in a few days and most likely in two.

I would be able to leave the hospital but  we didn't have a place to live at the moment. Sarv informed me we would stay at a hotel until we could get the church fixed.

Ruv had come once, the day before I would be able to go. I wanted to yell at him after remembering how he slapped my hand. There was a bruise that would last a while from the impact.

"Im so-"

"Your sorry I get it. But I won't forgive you. You literally pushed me and Sarv out of the only safe area of the church and I PROBABLY WONT BE ABLE TO FLY BECAUSE OF IT!" I snapped my head towards the tree-like man.

"We just keep having the same fights over and over again, Y/N! Why can't you just listen!"

He was right. We had constantly fought about what happened but I never bothered to ask why and Ruv never told me. He was hiding something.

"Why did you do it then." Ruv looked away trying to avoid the question.

"TELL ME! YOU MADE THIS BRUISE! YOU DID!" The back of my hand flew to his face, showing the bruise that had turned a deep purple over a few days.

"...I did that?" The Russian looked surprised like he didn't know what he was capable of.

"You did! And it hurt! Not the fact that you hit me but the fact that you pushed me and Sarv away from safety!" I pointed towards the door before crossing my arms.

Footsteps headed towards the door before it closed. My body flopped backwards. He isn't wrong...But neither am i...who is? 

----

I was released from the hospital and Sarv took me home. For once Ruv wasn't there. I though she would drag him along for sure..

My wings were too stiff to even move so we decided to walk to the hotel. It wasn't far but it would take about 30 minutes.

We stopped by a few stores to get some snacks for a movie. It would be a celebration even though we were stick with the hotel room.

It would take some time before the church would be finished. Weeks and possibly months.

Ruv was passed out on the desk that what looked like the hospital bills. I was the only one who had critical condition. Sarvente only had a few burns that would only need A ointment to heal. 

"Finally he did something useful!" 

"And on his own at that!" Sarv added making us both laugh.

"If he fell asleep there he was probably working for hours. Let's let him be." Sarv grabbed my arm and headed for the other room.

There was a large tv attached to the wall. We looked up good movies to watch and found a few before picking one.

We stayed up for a few hours before falling asleep on the bed.

----

it felt like I was being taken somewhere. Then it stopped. I peaked my eye open a bit and saw Ruv had carried me to the other bed and laid me down.

He was still in the same clothes he had worn all day. The blanket flew over my shoulders and then he walked away. Or at least I thought.

I felt a dip in the bed before I fell asleep. Then there was warmth. Warmth that helped me drift off.

The next morning Sarv had the idea that we would go sledding. Ruv said he would stay back at the hotel but we both knew he didn't have a choice.

"You don't know what sledding is!?" Sarvente shouted in surprise.

"We don't get snow snow in heaven and you guys always kept me in the church." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on let me teach you!" The girl jumped up and down in excitement.

"Ok ok!" I laugh to myself at her behavior.

We had headed to the store to buy a wooden sled then headed for a park with a hill and lake. It was early so I wasn't surprised about the few children and two adults running around.

One of the kids had run into my leg, making me unbalanced and fall backwards. Luckily Ruv had grabbed my arm in time and pulled me up.

We both looked away trying to hide the blush forming on our faces. Sarv had a smile on her face but it didn't look like she was alright.

"Cmon Sarv! let's go on that hill!" We both ran away leaving Ruv behind.

Ruv's pov:

I jammed my hands into my jacket pockets. The girls had already ran away and I didn't feel like catching up to them. I never planned to play in the snow anyway.

It felt like watching to children. But they're grown women who actually have jobs.

I could hear Y/N laughing as they flew down the hill but they were heading towards the water and the laughing faded.

"Y/N! SARVENTE!" The two flew into the water and large splash was heard.

Before I could even think about it my body had already ran towards the lake they landed in. The lake looked very shallow! What if they're hurt!?

My knees fell to the floor. I peered over the surface of the water. Where are they? Shouldn't they have reached the water now?

the water was too dark to see through. I had to jump in.

Y/N's pov:

It was cold and dark. How did the sled get so off course? It didn't make sense. It was like something had pulled the sled towards the water.

I opened my eyes to see a dark figure. To my side was Sarvente. Her eyes were wide in horror. Was it because of the shadow?

I looked back to see the figure lunge towards us. My eyes widened but before they could reach us a hand rapped around my waist and I was pulled up.

Me and Sarv had been coughing out water. When I stopped was only when I realized Ruv's arm was still rapped around me.

His face heated up when I turned to look at him. "Ah sorry." He said before letting go.

"Lets just head back to the hotel." I sighed in relief and got up.

Once we got back Sarv had went to the shower first. I took my jacket off but forgot the shirt I had under was white. The shirt was slightly see-through from the water.

"Hey about the church-" Ruv started but looked away.

"Sorry..." He muttered making me giggle.

"What did you want to say?"

"There was someone in the western wing. What looked and sounded like a female and called herself...Taki."

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)