chapter 13

"we've got it figured out marge." ferris whispers as he sits down next to her on the bench, she makes a skeptical face at him but doesn't pry much. ferris's stubborn he won't budge no matter what alternative ideas she gives him.

  "that whole time i was just thinking things over." cameron says before pausing, "i was like meditating then i sort of watched myself from inside. i realized it was ridiculous being afraid, worrying about everything, wishing i was dead, all that shit I'm tired of it. it was the best day of my life." he looks at the three, soft smiles on all of their faces, "i'm gonna to miss you guys next year." no one says anything after that, the reminder that next year is gonna be different scares all four of them all in different ways.

for margot at least it's the fear of being without ferris, she does hate him and what not and he does piss her off but he's not scared and he's not nervous. ferris does everything he wants, he's completely uninhibited. and whether she'll admit it or not with ferris she feels a little less scared and nervous and when she looks at ferris she can see herself if she'd just give it all up.

  next year's be boring, margot will watch movies in her room, listen to music, do school work, hang with sloane a couple nights a week but what'll happen with ferris gone? probably nothing but that's half of the issue.

the silence becomes kinda freaky as they all think, cameron pats his thighs before getting up, "better go check on the car." he says before walking into the garage. about 15 seconds go by before he yells, "hey ferris!"

ferris stands up, asking, "yeah?" before he walks into the garage. margot and sloane follow behind before seeing cameron looking into the car.

"the miles aren't coming off. the miles aren't coming off going in reverse." cameron says as he walks around the car, ferris looks at the car, margot's begging to doubt him more and more every second. ferris makes an amused sound, sloane and margot walking to see the number for themselves. it hasn't gone down at all, they're screwed.

"we'll i thought that might be a problem we'll just have to crack open the odometer and roll it back by hand." ferris says, seemingly unfazed and calm about the fact that they're gonna get their asses hand to them when morris gets home. cameron shakes his head at ferris words as he stands opposite to the three.

"no. forget it." cameron says, ferris gestures to the odometer but cameron still shakes his head, "forget it." the room goes silent save for the car still wirring between them, "i gotta take a stand." he pauses, "i'm bullshit." he pauses again, ferris and margot frowning slightly at his words, "i put up with everything." he says, his voice beginning to shake and his eyes filling with tears, "my old man pushes me around." he says, getting more and more visibly upset, "i never say anything." he hits his chest as he walks around the car. "well he's not the problem, i'm the problem." he leans on the hood, exhaling deeply and shaking his head. "i gotta take a stand. i gotta take a stand against him. i am not gonna sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. i'm gonna take a stand. i'm gonna defend it." he pauses as the others watch on, speechless. "right or wrong i'm gonna defend it."

he gets up from the car and looks down at it before kicking the front bumper roughly, sloane tries to walk towards him but ferris pulls her back. he kicks it two more times, denting the hell out of it. all margot can do is watch on, she's still pretty speechless.

"i'm so sick of his shit." he kicks the car two more times, "i can't stand him, and i hate this goddamn car. who do you love?" he kicks the car again, "who do you love? you love a car." he says, kicking it multiple times. "you son of a bitch." sloane turns around as he continues kicking it. he moves onto the hood and the headlights, shattering them with the toe of his shoe. he winds up for a final kick but stops himself and turns around before looking back to the car.