Birthdays and Bobby pins (Extra #5)

Hana's POV

I woke up sluggishly, stretching out my back to hear a loud 'pop' echo throughout my room. Since it was Saturday there was no need to get up early.

I get dressed up for the day and walk out my dorm room.

(Imagine this but with Hana's white hair and purple eyes

(Imagine this but with Hana's white hair and purple eyes. Or something else if you don't like the style)

As soon as I open the door I'm sprayed in the face with some type of gas, quickly loosing consciousness. The last thought in my mind?

Aw shit. Here we go again.

(Yes. The meme. My humour is broken)

*Time skip*

When I open my eyes, it's to complete darkness.

No shit Sherlock. You're fucking blindfolded.

My hands are handcuffed behind my back and I'm sitting on a chair, a very uncomfortable one at that.

Why is this playing out like some kind of kidnapped by a cliche villian from those old pre-quirk movies? If someone starts monologing I'm gonna punt someone.

I can hear some muffled voices, probably through a door or something.

Well since this is beginning like a cliche let's play along then shall we? Who knew keeping bobby pins on my sleeve cuffs would actually come in handy one day?

(Am I the only person who actually does this? I pretty much only wear the one jacket everyday)

I shift my wrist to grab one of the pins and fiddle with it before it finally enters the locking mechanism of the handcuffs. I shift the pin around a bit before twisting it. A soft 'click' is heard as the handcuffs are unlocked.

I undo the handcuffs and remove my blindfold. I rub my wrist as I look around.

Isn't this....the dorm...kitchen? What on Earth...?

I stand from the chair I was sitting on, extremely confused as I walk closer to the door to the common room. The muffled voices from before get louder the closer I get to the door.

"Shhhhh. Come on guys, Midnight-sensei's quirk isn't gonna last much longer. We just have a few more things to set up!" Mina's voice sounds out just as I open the door.

The room goes silent as my entire class stares at me awkwardly. I shift uncomfortably, "Um...why did I wake up handcuffed and blindfolded in the kitchen? Can someone please explain?"

Everyone immediately turns towards Kaminari. Mina, who's standing next to him, knocks him on the back of his head, "You were just supposed to sit her on the chair! Why'd you tie her up?!"

He runs the back of his head where she got him as he says indignantly, "It was Mineta's idea..."

"Well don't listen to him next time! That idea was dumb anyway."

As they argue back and forth, I look around the decorated room. Balloons, streamers, cake, presents and a banner saying 'Happy Birthday Mizaki!'

"It's my birthday?" I murmur quietly. The whole class turns to me in shock. Momo softly asks, "You forgot it's your birthday?"

Well when you haven't celebrated it in seven years it doesn't really become a priority anymore.

"Uh, yeah." I say awkwardly.

"Anyway, uh... surprise?" Mina does exaggerated jazz hands as she gestures to the room.

"Yeah really was," I say sarcastically before saying a bit more seriously, "But thanks everyone." I smile gently.

Everyone surrounds me as they give me their presents and birthday wishes, even Bakugo shoves a black leather bracelet in my hands. It has a small explosion engraved on it. Cute.

We talk for the entire day, eating cake and snacks as I open everyone's presents.

Today was great.

Thanks everyone for the best birthday every. I wish I can be this happy next year as well.
_______________________________________________

A/N

Hey mates!

Yes yes I'm alive.

It's my Birthday today so I decided to treat everyone to a birthday special.

Sorry that I haven't written any new chapters for pretty much half a year now. I love reading everyone's comments so please continue to do so.

I'm not really part of the MHA fandom all that much anymore and I haven't watched the anime or even read the manga for a while now so I'll have to get back to that sometime before I can continue with the main storyline for Level Up.

Sorry it's so short but I hope you enjoyed.

Also thank you guys for 13.5K reads. It's means a lot to me <3

Remember to vote and comment

-❄️