Chapter 8

*timeskip*

It was finally d-day, the day of the sports festival. We were all waiting to be called in the 1A waiting room. Todoroki has just declared war on Midoriya, something about Uncle Might? Anyway, it was a little tense.

Suddenly Present Mic's voices boomed throughout the stadium, "First up, the class who was part of a villain attack a few weeks ago, Class 1A of the Heroics course!" The crowds loud cheers could be heard as we made our way to the middle of the stadium.

Once the other classes were introduced (with a lot less enthusiasm which is kind of unfair) Midnight stepped onto the stage. I was honestly questioning if this school was sane, I mean- seriously? The R-rated hero conducting a test for a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds? Stupid, absolutely stupid.

What was even more stupid were the words coming out of her mouth next, "And now with out further adieu, the introductory speech made by the student representative...Hana Mizaki!" I gave her a blank look that she returned with an expectant one. Oh- oh, she's actually serious? Damn.

I step onto the stage, fiddling with my hands to keep from fidgeting too much. "You know...you really shouldn't be congratulating us, class 1A I mean. You should have to praise us for surviving, for fighting for our very lives. We are first years, 15 and 16 years olds who had only had 1 other class for Heroics training. We have barely started our training yet we had to face multiple people, some alone. We were forced to watch two of our teachers get almost fatal injuries, I myself sustained 3 broken ribs and major blood loss. So please, instead of praising us for fighting, for surviving, rather let us show what that taught us, as well as the other classes with students who are just as talented as we are. Let's all go the extra mile! Say it with me!"

"PLUS ULTRA!!"

The crowd stared cheering and clapping as I made my way back down to my class. Kirishima clapped a hand on my shoulder and grinned, "That was so freaking manly Mizaki!"

"Thanks!" I grinned back.

Midnight stepped back up onto the stage, rolling a wheel that would announce the first test. The wheel finally stopped on "Obstacle course".

Midnight explained that we would all be running a 4km track around the stadium and that, as long as we stayed in the lane, we could basically do whatever we wanted.

We all line up at the entrance gate. I take notice of how narrow the gate is, we'd definitely get cramped together if we all went in together. Realizing that this would most likely actually be the first obstacle, I silently make my way to the back of the group.

I think I'll make it that I come around 20th place, I don't really want to show all my cards before the one-on-one matches. The sports festival has always had 2 types of events, one preliminary test to narrow down the participants, one team event and then the one-on-one tournament.

Midnight finally announces the starts of the obstacle race and I was right, everyone is getting stuck trying to get passed one another. I take a few steps, taking a running start, before hurling myself onto the crowd. A few complaints are heard as I swiftly make my way the the end of the tunnel using the shoulders of the other participants.

Todoroki is the first one out and instantly freezes everyone's feet to the ground. Luckily I'm safe so I continue forward, a few other classmates already out, including Bakugo, Mineta and Yaoyorozu.

I finally make it outside only to see that the next obstacle is a bunch of zero pointer robots from the entrance exam. Deciding to rather evade them than waste time fighting them, I quickly jump over the one that Todoroki froze and caused to fall.

I continue weaving through the other robots, completely ignoring Present Mic's loud commentary. Reaching the next obstacle I'm met with rock pillars, ropes connecting them and a 50 foot drop. Thanking my quirk for my advanced balance and stability, I easily run across the ropes, not slipping once as I reach the other side safely.