Chapter 5

I stare at the pop-up for a moment, wondering what it meant by 'ominous presences'. I snap out of it as an unfamiliar voice speaks. It was the pro hero 13!

She went on to explain the dangers of using our quirks in public and how this facility was called the 'Unforeseen Simulation Joint', or USJ for short, though I was only half listening. I'm instantly on edge when I see purple mist swirling near the central fountain of the USJ.

Men and women walk out as the, what seems to be, portal expands and a man steps through, a hand covering his face from view, and a buff creepy bird looking creature with it's brain exposed follows shortly.

I faintly hear Kirishima ask if they were part of the lesson as my rapid heartbeat rings in my ears, my body naturally falling into a defensive stance. "Those are real villains." I say, barely above a whisper, and Aizawa say the same thing a second later.

Aizawa orders 13 to keeps us safe and for us to evacuate as he rushes in to face off against the villains, though they seem more like some random thugs since they don't put up much of a fight.

"Get outside!" 13 calls out to us as we start to run towards the exit. Unfortunately, we're blocked by the same mist, glowing yellow eyes staring at us, "My name is Kurogiri and we are the League of Villains. Don't you think this is a fine place for the symbol of peace to take his final breath? Though it seems that he is not here at the moment."

(I don't exactly remember what happens, since I'm going off of memory when I write this, so if it's not exactly how it is in the anime, I'm sorry about that 😅)

We freeze as we realise what their motives were, 'They want to kill All Might? They're insane!'. 13 tries to use her quirk 'Blackhole' to suck in Kurogiri, however, Bakugo and Kirishima get in her way when they suddenly jump in to try and attack him.

Their attacks have no effect as he brushes it off and uses his quirk to open a warp gate behind 13, making her use her own quirk on herself, tearing up her back. A few of us call out to her in alarm before some of us are incased in the purple mist.

I feel the sensation of falling before I harshly hit the ground, landing in front of who I presume to be the ringleader. He has pale blue hair and has dismembered hands covering his face and parts of his body.

I jump up and away from him as I get into a fighting stance. He looks at me and chuckles, "A little brat like you think's she stands a chance at defeating me? Pathetic." I tremble slightly as a pop-up appears in front of me,
_______________________________________________

Effect 'Fear' has overwhelmed you. Title skill 'Fear Resistance' is activated automatically. Effect 'Fear' has been removed.
_______________________________________________

I sigh in relief as my body stops trembling and my mind becomes clear again. I'm thankful for that skill, though how I got the title it comes from isn't something I enjoy thinking of, maybe another day.

I give the man a hard stare when Aizawa leaps up next to me, eyes widening when he sees me. "What are you doing here Mizaki?! Didn't I tell you all to get to safety?"

Without averting my eyes I respond, "The purple mist guy has some kind of warp quirk and used it to separate us. I landed here." I see him give a slight nod in my peripheral vision.

The villain in front of us suddenly calls out to the bird creature beside him, "Nomu, get rid of them." The 'Nomu' rushes towards Aizawa first and start fighting. I try helping out but it's no use as the Nomu knocks me out of the way.

I'm knocked back and tumble a little as I hold onto my side from the impact, wincing as I feel the already bruising skin. The Nomu grabs Aizawa and breaks his arm, the pained yell ringing through the facility,  before slamming Aizawa's face into the cement.

The impact creates a dent and I watch in pain as the villain from earlier steps towards Aizawa's limp body before grabbing his elbow with his hand. I try to walk closer urgently, seeing the cloth of his hero suit crumble away into dust before the same happens to his skin, revealing the muscle underneath.

Aizawa seems to be unconscious as the villain then turns to me, taking slow steps as his hands reaches out to my face, "Since All Might isn't here, I'm sure it would at least be a little devastating if one of his prized students were to die."

Another pop-up.
_______________________________________________

Extreme bloodlust has been detected. 'Fear Resistance' is nullified. Effect 'Fear' has been enabled.
_______________________________________________

My entire body freezes and my mind clouds over, only focusing on the hand nearly touching my face, the one about to end my life. I brace for death when the hand comes into contact with my face, but nothing happens.

I faintly hear the villain say something but the ringing in my ears is too loud to make out what it was. I'm startled by a sudden yell as a green flash jumps in front of me. 'Midoriya!'

He attempts to punch the hand villain, but when the dust clears, we're both surprised to see the Nomu starting in front of us instead, perfectly fine too. The Nomu goes to retaliate when I push Midoriya out of the way as I take the full force of the hit.

I feel some of my ribs crack and break as I'm thrown across the central area, landing on my side facing away from the villain and Midoriya. Barely concious I mumble, "Activate skill: Rapid Recovery."

If my menu was open, it would show my SP (Stamina Points) drop to 0 as it converts into HP (Health Points), healing my ribs and the large bruise on my side. The drawback of SP hitting 0 starts to kick in as I'm forced into a comatose state.

What I mean is that my quirk shuts down my whole body in order to replenish my stamina as well as the remaining health I have left. My quirk may seem super powerful, but there are a couple drawbacks to it, this being one of them.

The last thing I see are a pair of eyes, one a gentle gray and the other a fierce blue, before slipping into the void of unconsciousness. A small pop-up, visable only to class 1A and anyone else with level 1 access and above, hovers above my head,
_______________________________________________

Time till full recovery: 17 hours 56 minutes and 46 seconds
_______________________________________________
_

______________________________________________

Hey guys!

That's the end of the chapter.

Like I said before, some scenes or lines from characters might be a bit different from the original since I'm not really using any references beside previous fanfics I've read and what I remember from the anime.

I will have some of my own plot lines added in between though

Anyway, hope you liked the chapter. Please vote and comment what you thought! 💜

-❄