Chapter 7

Chapter 7

One day before Jin's birthday, Taehyung had prepared a special gift for his boyfriend while Jungkook was still feeling guilty. Jin held a party at his house, all his friends were invited, except for him, even though Jin didn't invite him, Jin's parents kindly told him to come.

As Jungkook was walking he stopped in front of a jewelry store, something caught his attention, he thought it would be the best gift for Jin. After buying a gift, Jungkook went home with a happy heart, knowing that he would finally meet Jin again after a long time.

Why not send a message? why not call? That's because after breaking up they became very selfish of each other, they didn't want to be seen chasing after each other even though in their hearts they hoped for each other.

Jin's birthday

That night Jungkook wearing all black suit, his sleeves were rolled up to reveal his tattoo, his hair was pulled back to make his forehead stand out, he sprayed perfume all over his body, took the gift box and went to Jin's house.

When he got there, there were already a lot of people, of course Jungkook knew some of the people there, mostly their college friends.

He greets his friends and when his eyes find Jin, he doesn't stop staring at him. Jin was also wearing a black suit with the buttons open that exposed his chest,

Someone wrapped his arm around Jin's tiny waist and kissed Jin's cheek and then they laughed together, that person was definitely Taehyung, his boyfriend.

His heart was broken to see that scene, he didn't think his presence there would only hurt him. But he couldn't blame Jin and Taehyung. It was his fault, he was the one playing with fire and this time he felt the heat himself.

Jin suddenly turned to Jungkook, making Jungkook turn his face the other way. He tightly gripped the gift box in his hand. Until someone approaches him.

"You came" Jin said.

"Yes, your parents told me to come, happy birthday"

"Yes thank you, are you alone?"

"Yes"

"Where's your boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?"

"Someone you post on your instagram"

"Ohh, that's not my boyfriend, he's my cousin, he came for vacation and after that he came back to America"

Jin looked surprised by his words, that day he thought his relationship with Jungkook was really over because he saw Jungkook posting that photo. Jin was silent with Jungkook's words, their eyes looked at each other, until Tae approached them and put his arm around Jin's waist.

"Hey Jungkook, you came"

"Yes"

"You are alone?"

"Yeah, I'm alone, I have to go to the bathroom first, excuse me"

Jungkook left the two of them and went into the bathroom, locking himself there. He put his hand on his chest and squeezed it, it hurt so bad. He stood in front of the mirror, then looked at the small box he had been holding in his hand. His tears just flowed. He tossed the little box in the trash next to the sink and decided to go home.

But when he opened the bathroom door he was surprised to see Jin standing in front of the door staring at him, the same thing as on his birthday.

"Why are your eyes red? you cry?" Jin approached Jungkook but Jungkook stepped back, avoiding Jin.

"Stop! I'm fine, sorry Jin but I have to go"

Just as Jungkook was about to pass him, Jin held his hand, stopping him in his tracks.

"Do you know how it feels now?" Jungkook turned to Jin, confused by Jin's question.

"What do you mean?"

"This is the pain I've been feeling all this time, do you know how it feels now?"

Jungkook walked over to Jin, standing right in front of him. So close that they could feel each other's warm breath.

Jungkook cupped Jin's cheek and stroked it gently with his thumb.

"Then, be happy now Jin" Jungkook smiled and pecked Jin's lips, released the grip on his cheek and left.

Surprisingly, Jin felt the pain a thousand times over after hearing those words. He should be happy now that he has Taehyung in his life. There won't be any disappointments as long as they're together, but Jungkook's presence tonight made Jin reminisce about the things they did together.

Jin returned to the crowd, met Taehyung there who greeted him with a warm smile. Jin couldn't hide his sadness and Tae knew it.

"Jin, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine"

"It's time to open your gift"

"What?"

"Gift, you're already curious about what gift I gave you?"

"Oh yes, yes of course"

All the guests looked at the lovers, not only Jin but the guests were also curious about the gift Tae gave.

Tae suddenly knelt before Jin, making Jin nervous.

"Tae what are you going to do?"

"This is your gift Jin"

Taehyung held out a small box in his hand and when he opened it, there was a ring inside, Jin's eyes started to tear up. Tae took the ring and took Jin's hand.

"Jin, you said you want me to be your present, then, marry me"

Jin's eyes opened very wide and his mouth stiffened as well, tears welled up in his eyes, either because of joy or otherwise.

"Tae..i..i"

"Jin, you want to marry me right?"

"Y-yes"

Taehyung immediately got up and jumped to hug Jin tightly, he didn't stop kissing his boyfriend's face. All the guests cheered and clapped for both of them, Tae released his hug and put the ring on Jin's finger and kissed his hand.

"I love you Kim Seokjin" then he hugged Jin again.

"i..i love you too"

After the birthday party was over, Tae and Jin also finished tidying up the house, they wanted to clean up and rest.

Jin wanted to pee but in the bathroom there was Taehyung taking a shower, so he decided to pee in the guest bathroom which is near his living room.

He went in and locked the door, after he finished peeing he washed his hands, took a tissue to dry his hands, but when he was about to put the tissue in the trash, he saw a small box there, so he took it.

He sat in the dry bathtub and opened the box, a necklace in the shape of love and the words 'Yours', when be got back the necklace had another word on it, 'JK'. His heart immediately touched, tears immediately flowed. Not only a necklace, but there was a small letter inside.

'Happy birthday My Jin
There's nothing I can give but my heart, it's yours
JK'

Jin couldn't control his feelings right now, he even just stood there holding the necklace, he tried to stand up and walk in front of the mirror, then put the necklace around his neck and cried, his head bowed, he couldn't stop holding the necklace around his neck. Until someone knocked on the bathroom door..

"Hey babe, are you inside?"

Jin took a deep breath before answering

"Yeah, yeah I'm in, I'll be out in a minute Tae"

Jin wiped away his tears, and washed his face, he put the letter in his trouser pocket and threw the box in the trash, straightened himself and got out of the bathroom.