14. Happy Ending?

Turns out I was gone for a week. I'm in more trouble now. When we got home Johnny asked what happened. When I told him I had ran away and then got taken... He was mad. Seeing red mad... "WHAT!?" I flinch but stay standing. "I.. I'm sorry..." He interrupts me. "You better be! Do you know what you put me through?! What you put Sophie and Jen through!? We've all been worried sick about you!" He shouts.

"I.. You.. She.. They.. They grabbed me the next morning.. I.." I stutter trying to find the words as I stare at the floor, trying to not cry. I'm use to being yelled at. Just not by Johnny. "D-daddy I'm sorry..." He huffs and rubs his hand down his face. "I don't want to hear it. Go to your room now. I'm disappointed in you."

I say nothing else as I run to my room,unable to hold in the tears any longer after that last sentence. The next few weeks were full of disappointed glances and few words. Until I heard Sophie on the phone in the music room while Johnny was at the store.

"Oh my God Victoria, I have him wrapped around my little finger already. I'm practically living here already and that little brat won't be here much longer once I'm through." My eyes widen as I listen. "Mhm. He won't get his happily ever after with this daughter of his. I'll make sure of it. You're paying me quite a bit, so I won't fail you."

I back away. If only I had my phone. Where did Johnny put it? I go into his room to search for it. I have to record this. Dad will never believe me.. "What are you doing?" I spin around to see Sophie staring at me. "You're working for my biological mother to destroy my family... I heard you."

"Did you now?" She comes closer to me. Before I can respond I feel a sting across my face and the hard floor bang against my stomach, chest, and head. I look up at her as I hold my chest and cough from the hard fall. "You going to tell him about all this? He won't believe you." She smirks before slapping herself across the face.

"Not when I tell him you hit me and hurt yourself to try to tear us apart." The front door opens and I get up. "Dad!" I shout. He walks to the room. "What is it? Why are you in here? What happened are you ok?" He asks once he's noticed the marks on me. He turns to question Sophie, until he sees the mark on her.

"Johnny, baby, she slapped me and then hurt herself to try to separate us!" Sophie fake cries. "She said she'd break us up if it's the last thing she does.. She said she was going to lie to you about me hurting her and working for your ex to break up your family... Why does she hate me so much I've been nothing but nice to her!" She fakes hysterics.

I watch helplessly, before meeting Johnny's disappointed eyes. "Daddy.. That's.. That's not true I didn't hit her... She.. She hit me...! And.. And I did hear her on the phone with my biological mother.. She was.." He holds his hand up and I stop talking. "Skylar.. I'm so disappointed in you. Not only are you lying.. But you're inflicting pain on yourself and others to get your way. Can I not just be happy?"

I stare at him shocked. He really didn't believe me... He believes her over me... "I.." He shakes his head no. "I don't want to hear it. Go to your room. I'll figure out another punishment." I start to walk out but stop and look at Johnny. "Daddy I'm not lying..." I say in a hushed voice. He doesn't even look at me. I continue on to my room.

Later on, Johnny comes into my room. "Skylar. You're going away to boarding school. Sophie suggested it and I think she's right. They'll teach you discipline there, while still keeping you up in school. It's an all girls boarding school. It's across the country but you can visit on holidays and I'll visit on your birthday."

"No...!" I sit up on my bed. "Skylar don't shou-" I shake my head and raise my voice. "NO! Don't send me away!" I start to cry. "That's exactly what they want! She's recieving money from Victoria to do this!"