6. Orphan To Fame?

We are now in the car heading to the airport. We are going to fly to the destination on a private jet. It's a 6hr flight. I'm not complaining. If we traveled by car it would have been so much longer than 6hrs.

Johnny looks at me as we get seated before take off. We have to wait for our luggage to be brought on the plane. I sigh and look out the window, fidgeting with my fingers.

"I'd ask if you've ever flown before, but I imagine you haven't." I look over at him. He's smiling at me. "You'd be right." I smile then frown, feeling very nervous. "Don't be nervous kiddo." Johnny obviously took notice of my change of emotion. "It's really not that bad." He tries to make me feel better.

"I know. I mean.. I don't know.. I.. Can't help it." I turn into a jumbling mess. He moves over, now sitting by me and offers his hand for comfort. I smile and take it. "Thanks, dad." He smiles back. "You're welcome, love."

The plane took off after a few minutes. It wasn't so bad. Now I'm looking out the window at the clouds that we are now flying above. It's so beautiful. I wish I could take a picture. I look over at Johnny. He's also looking out the window. A hostess suddenly comes up to us. "Heyyyy, is there anything I can get the both of you?" She asks in a friendly high pitched voice.

"Yes, I'd like the usual please." Johnny says as he looks away from the window at her. I look over at her as well. "Of course!" She smiles at him then looks at me. "What about you, sweetie?" I look at Johnny who just smiles at me reassuringly. I look back at her. "Um.. Maybe some orange juice and... Pizza?"

I have no idea what they serve on planes. I feel like my request was outrageous. I felt embarrassed when I asked, but to my shock she just smiled and said she'd be right back. They really serve pizza on a plane? I mean, I'm not dreaming the three glorious slices of sausage pizza on a white plate that is now sitting right in front of me, am I?

I blink at the pizza for a few moments before snapping out of it when I hear a throat clear. "You ok pumpkin?" Pumpkin..? That's new. I look up at Johnny to be met with two very concerned dark chocolate brown eyes. I nod.

"Yeah.. I didn't know they actually served pizza on planes." He chuckles. "I'm glad you're happy, kid." I smile then look at his plate. He's eating fried chicken. Wait... They serve fried chicken on planes too?!

He chuckles at all the emotions that are flashing through my eyes and across my face. "I love fried food. So I make sure to request it when I'm traveling." He says. I laugh a little then start eating the pizza. I got adopted by a really cool person.

I yawn and sit back, now full. "Take a nap, kiddo. We've got a while longer to go." I nod and close my eyes, getting comfortable. It doesn't take me long to fall asleep.

After 2hrs, I wake up feeling refreshed. I open my eyes and stretch before looking out the window. After a few moments I look over at Johnny. He looks up from his book and smiles. "Did you have a good nap?" He puts his book down.

I nod my head. "Yeah." The hostess comes over again. "Anything I can get you to drink? Or a snack?" I look up at her. "Do you have any combos? The cheese pizza filled ones? And some more orange juice please?" I ask politely. She smiles and nods her head.

"Mr. Depp," She turns her attention to Johnny. "You have such an adorable little daughter. So polite too. She looks like you. Same skin tone, same face shape, same ear shape. Her nose and lips too. She really took a lot after you." She smiles innocently not realizing how ridiculous she sounds. Doesn't she know that Johnny just adopted me?

After she walks away Johnny stares at me for a moment, observing all of my features that the hostess said looked just like his. "You do kind of look like me. Maybe that saying people say is already kicking in. Live with someone long enough, you start taking on some of their traits." He laughs.