13

Lucifer's POV

I woke up with a splitting headache and in a room that wasn't mine.
Ah fuck.
I turned to my left to see the back of a woman I don't know and I don't want to know.
I quietly got out of bed and dressed up. I left without a word.
I didn't want my brother to give me a nagging to I went directly to my fairly new company building, supposedly to get some work done.

But what do I find as soon as I open my office door.
Bella fucking Carnation, sitting on my chair nibbling on a cookie as she read a magazine.
She looked so fucking cute sitting on that bigass chair. But I also felt this crushing guilt when we made eye contact. It felt like someone had twisted my gut a million times.
"Alex was right." She said as she closed the magazine.
"About what?" I asked. My voice raspy, I seriously needed some water in my system.
"About you skipping home. To avoid his nagging." She handed me a water bottle. I gratefully took it from her and took a huge gulp.
Well they ain't wrong about that.
"So he sent you here?" I asked and she nodded her cute little head.
I might be calling her little but she's taller than average girls. But I was even huge, so she's still little to me. And today she had her hair in two pigtails and she looked so adorable.
"You changed your hair colour." I said. It was greenish before, but now it was vibrant pink and red but it suited her. "It looks good." I blurted.

"You think so. I did this on impulse, so I didn't think it's look good hence the pigtails." She said.
"Well, you look adorable." I smiled and she blushed. How cute.

"W-wel, Alex sent you some breakfast and hangover soup along with some fresh pair of clothes and a note, be sure to read it, he says he'll take a test." She said as she handed me a brown note.

"I can't escape his nagging, can I?" I groaned.
She laughed at my antics.
"It's because he's worried about you, you know." There was a certain sadness in her tone that I didn't like at all. But I didn't know what triggered it, so I didn't know what to do.

[A/N: YOU'RE THE REASON FOR HER SADNESS YOU DUMBASS!!!!!]

"Well, I'm, tired from all of our expedition last night so I'm gonna head home to get some sleep. I also have tonnes of work piled up." She said as she streched her arms and headed out of my office.
Suddenly I found myself missing her citrusy, slightly spicy scent, maybe it's a cologne?, but I pushed the thought away and got sat by the coffee table as I started to read the note.

I'm dead when I get back home.

I was feeling bummed out throughout the day, but I don't know the reason why, so I see decided to head him early. But then I remembered the note.
I sighed, it's not like I can escape from by brother forever.

"You dipshit dummy asshole!"
I groaned as I entered the penthouse.
"What were you thinking. Ditching us for some hoe?" He yelled.
"I didn't do that. I just went drinking, and suddenly it was morning and I was in someone's bed." I said.
"How much did you drink?" Alex was astonished. Which is understandable. I have a relatively high tolerance. Above average atleast.
"Well, you still ditched us. Bella was really upset you know."
"Well, she had you and the others, why would she be upset?" I mumbled.
"You oblivious dumb fuck." Alex said.
"Hey, what was that comment for?" I'm not oblivious by any means.
"You are." Alex said.
After that he got of the recliner, "Make yourself at home, I need to head to the club." He said and went upstairs.
Ugh, why did he have to say that? What am I oblivious about? Great now I'm gonna start overthinking things. Fuck you Alex.