9

A/N: Y'all show some love. Pls.

Happy reading.

"So you bonded with your brother?" Lina summaries the whole story I just told them.
I nod.
"Oh my gosh my so happy for yoouuuu!" Flare engulfed me into a hug and Lina followed suit.
"I thought you didn't want to meet any of them but I happy for you." Lina said parting from the hug.
"Well, I planned on avoiding him too, but after a much need closure I decided against it. But the rest of my family is still shit you know." I said.
"I know, and the scars prove it." Lina said making me flinch.
"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to mention it." Lina hurriedly said.
"No, it's fine I thought it didn't affect me anymore but I guess the fact that my family would be here for the next six months is kinda making the old wounds open. Maybe I'm being a bit paranoid." I said.
"Awe sweetie, don't be like that, were here for youu!" Flare hugged me again.

Tonight we were having our much needed girls' night.
Tomorrow would be another busy day. So we're catching up today.
It's late January now, and I've been doing pretty good. I haven't encountered any of the other Carnations yet and I hope I don't.
"By the way what's going on between you and Mr. Sex God?" Lina quickly twisted the topic back to me and Lucifer. I groaned. She's been in my case since she saw him drop me home.
I didn't know how famous Luxe was until Lina told me.
Apparantly he's the heir of the Quinn's Corp. and he runs his own company that dabbles in the stock market. I never asked Alex about his family so I didn't know.
And they have a great family bond, Luxe told me. And that he's mom is really energetic. But I have only heard so ..... I ain't goan judge.

"Nothing is going on. Maybe I have a crush on him but it's really nothing. The feeling's not mutual." I said.
Let's face it I have taken a liking towards Luxe, but it's took soon, no I'll label it as a silly crush.
Babe you've known him for more that six months now.
That's still not long enough for one to manifest strong feelings for someone.
Well, it was love at first sight for Alex.
Long at first time doesn't exist. It's just a really strong impression that leaves a reminder and when the person tries to track down to the starting of their feelings they find themselves drawn to that impression.
That's exactly what love at first sight is.
It's not!
"Hello! Earth to Bella!" Flare waved her hand in front of me.
"A penny for your thoughts." Lina asked.
"Oh nothing just arguing with myself."
"About?"
"If love at first sight is a thing or not."
.
.
.
.
"What?" I asked.
"How did you even come up with that argument with yourself?" Lina asked.
"I dunno, I was thinking how long it takes for someone to manifest strong feelings for someone and suddenly we were arguing."
"We?"
"Me and my subconscious self."
"You're saying as if it's the most casual thing in the world.". Flare said.
"What you guys don't talk to yourselves?" I asked.
"We do-"
"My point exactly." I cut Lina off.
The rest of the night we binged on true crime documentaries as Lina gave me tips on how I should seduce Luxe and Flare praising me for every fucking thing I do.

God how did I end up with such weird friends?