1

All I ever wanted was that my parents acknowledge me. That I exist. That I'm not a disgrace. But for that to happen it meant that I had to throw away everything I loved and do their bidding. And I did, for years. But I couldn't never become what they wanted me to become, my sister.
My sister, Adele was the perfect child. We were identical twins, the only thing different in us was that I had freckles and she didn't. She was flawless.
Two minutes younger that me, and she was the star of the family. Whatever Adele did, I follow.
If Adele learns ballet, I learn ballet. If Adele likes to paint, I like to paint. If Adele goes into the literature stream, I-

No, I left all of that behind. Long back. I couldn't sacrifice who I was just because of wanting some love. What's the point of they don't love me for who I am?
So I left. I left the day she stole the one thing I held secretly dear. The day my parents announced her engagement to Mathew Roy, my first love. I couldn't bear it anymore so I left.

It's been eight years since then. They never sought out for me. They never tried to contact me. Well, I guess it's for the best. Because now, I finally love myself, and I have people who love me as well.

Now, I run a small, but successful pub in downtown LA and I have a small appartment that I share with a lesbian couple, Lina and Flare. They run a tattoo and piercing studio and they did all of my tats and piercings.
I have a couple more friends I met. The band that plays weekly in my pub, is like my family. They are rising stars I say, they have so much potential, I hope they succeed in their line.

Whereas for me, my pub has been doing really good, and I have a few specials that are really unique. A few larger ones wanted to merge with me just for the recipe. I'm kinda proud of myself.
I have always wanted to run a casino, but let's start with whatever opportunity I am given. I am thinking of opening a second pub, in the heart of the entertainment city. I have got the contract cut out and let's see how it goes.

Today was a busy night. I was making a non alcoholic drink for one of my regulars, Melissa, who was again flirting with me. And I was politely rejecting her advances.

The rest of the night was fine and soon it was time to close up.

[A/N: Well, first chapters up. Happy reading]