29

Jason drove us back home after the really long conversation with William. I thanked him for his help and he left after we both got inside. When we entered the house, i found mom sitting in the living room, clearly waiting for us. I turned to look at William who was behind me and he shrugged. I didn't know what to say or what to do at that moment but we just stepped inside to where she was. We needed to explain things. Things like why were we outside without her permission or why we were holding bags. She eyed us the whole time, looking between me and him when we stood by the couch. If dad was here, I'm sure he'd be exited to hear what we were up to. Unlucky him, he wasn't there.

She didn't say a word which was so scary. I was familiar with this situation. I already went through this once after a disaster that happened at home when both mom and dad went on a date night leaving me and Tyler at home just to mess the whole living room and burning the curtains.

She was going to say the next

' I'll go to sleep now but you two have an explanation to do tomorrow's morning. And it better be reasonable'

Three

Two

One

" I'll head to my room to get some sleep. You two have an explanation to do tomorrow and it better be good"

And with that she stood up and went upstairs. I looked at William for few seconds and then i started laughing quietly. It felt the same way it did back when Tyler was here. And to my surprise he started laughing too. I looked at him. I memorised that smile of his and the sound of his laugh because he rarely did that and then i saw his eyes

His eyes were very beautiful shade of blue. They change from time to time. Sometimes they're sky blue and sometimes they have that deep blue color

The oceanic blue

But i preferred his ocean eyes more than his sky blue eyes because that color meant that he was happy

The day after that i woke up with a massive headache and a fever. I couldn't even wake up and my head felt too heavy for me to carry. Memories of the night before came flooding back to me and i realized that i forgot to dry my hair or to change my wet clothes which was the reason i got here, sneezing and feeling like shit.

I did what i usually do in the morning but this time it felt ten times harder. I opened the cabinet and looked for pills or anything that could reduce the pain i was having but i couldn't find anything in there. My father usually put them there so we can find them. I went downstairs because i wanted mom to give me something, anything because the pain was getting worse by each minute. Only to find her sitting with William. I hoped he didn't say anything but i also hoped he did the the whole explanation thing because i was terrible with explaining things.

I sat next to my mom who pushed a cup of hot coffee towards me and i smiled. I drunk some and then put my head on the table and sneezed. When i looked up, mom was still holding that look over her face. I was glad she didn't force us to explain yesterday but we had to do it today

" wouldn't you be late for work mom?" i asked trying to procrastinate

" Weird way to say good morning but no, i don't mind going late." mom replied and i groaned. I didn't want to do this and luckily, i didn't do it because few moments later William started telling her everything. I lifted my head quickly and looked up at him. He actually spoke up. But i wondered why i was so shocked. He loves talking to my mom so much and he did it whenever he had the chance to. I was shocked that i was really the reason why he decided to leave the house. He actually told her that students in our school were bothering me because they found out that we lived together and to my surprise he was so serious saying it.