47

Tiffany pulled into the house and we got out, I was carrying Chucky while Tiffany carried the other one and Glen carried Tiff. I was the last one to enter, so I closed the door and then put Chucky on the ground. "Go to the living room and get on your knees," Chucky said, and I made my way to the living room and knelt down. I kept my breathing even as I stared at the floor, but even looking calm my heart was racing, faster than it had in a long time. I closed my eyes and focused on the sounds around me.

I heard three sets of footsteps walk in, the suspense was high as no one was talking so I don't know who walked in. After what felt like forever everyone else entered, I felt the coldness of the blade on my chin, and I opened my eyes, keeping them bare with no emotion as I looked at Chucky, he tilted his head as he looked at me. As scared as I was I looked calm which is something I've gotten good at hiding my emotions, but sometimes it peeks through behind the mask. He put the blade to my forehead and pressed harder than anytime before and dragged it across, my face twitched from the pain but there was no other reaction, he was annoyed with the little reaction, that he placed the knife against my neck and I instinctively flinched back but I quickly composed myself which annoyed him he swiped the blade across my neck. He growled out when he noticed the lack of reaction from me, he walked behind me and I felt the fear grow more, my body tensed up, and it took everything in me to repress the part of me that was telling me to bolt. I felt the blade on my spine and was dragged down when I let out a small whimper not being able to hold the pain in anymore. The blade left my back but the stinging sensation stayed, I was mentally drained so the mask fell as he walked back in front of me, I couldn't keep it up even if I wanted to. The blood was still flowing down my face but the cut on my neck has practically stopped, after a few minutes he nodded allowing me to get up. I clenched my teeth as I stood up causing the cut in my back to tweak shooting pain through my body, I let out a low growl of displeasure but made my way up to our room, I closed the door and took my clothes off and got in the shower.

"Fuck" I groaned out as the water hit my back, Glenda's going to think he went overboard with this. I cleaned the cuts and washed my hair before getting out, I dried off and put on leggings and a loose shirt. I lay on my stomach on the bed and closed my eyes. I could hear everything but I needed to regain my composure before going back down, I was there for a few minutes when someone came up the stairs and opened the door, they placed their hand on my back and I let out a whimper.

"Sorry," Glenda said.

"It's fine, you didn't know," I said, sitting up.

"How are you doing?" Glenda asked.

"Good, I think I made him mad that I didn't show any emotions though so he pushed me until I made some form of protest," I said.

"What did he do?" Glenda asked.

"He obviously cut my neck and forehead, with little to no reaction then started to cut my back, when I whimpered out, he stopped, and I was too tired to keep up any form of a mask that I was able to keep up," I said.

"Doll, if you didn't have the mask up then it wouldn't have gone that far," Glenda said when Jasper jumped up on the bed.

"I know that now," I said, as I rubbed Jasper's stomach, his tail wagging against the bed. "How was the trip?" I asked.

"It was good, we got everything to give him a happy life," Glenda said.

"That's good," I said, I pulled out Rebecca's phone from the dresser.

"What are you doing?" Glenda asked.

"Going to the basement, to send the message to the family," I said.

"Okay," Glenda said, we got off the couch and we headed downstairs, Glenda went to the living room while I went to the basement, I went to the first aid kit, and looked through it when I found the note, so I used face recognition and got into the phone before creating a group chat with her parents and brother. 'Hey guys, sorry for disappearing on you, I'm safe, I promise, I met a cute boy while I was out at night and we got to talking, he offered to take me on a cruise around the world and if we are okay at the end we will move in together to Italy. I just figured I should say goodbye so you don't worry about me, I love you guys and will remember you for the rest of my life, but I won't be coming home this will be the last time any of you hear from me as I got a new phone and this one will be going into the garbage. To my darling brother, you cared about making sure I fit in with the family growing up and you have no idea how much that meant to me, I want you to know that I'll be safe with life and I want you to ask Richard to marry you, you've been with her for five years and have been debating it but I promise you she wants you as much as you want her. To mom and dad thank you for raising me to put myself first and go for what I want, don't blame Jordan for this, I snuck out and bumped into Jay and we talked for a while, I'm doing what you taught me to go after what I want and I want Jay, but thank you for giving me an amazing childhood, even if at times it was tough it made me the person that I am. I'll miss you all but please don't look for me, you won't find me as I don't want to be found, this is goodbye. Love Rebecca' I hit send before taking out the sim card and breaking the phone against the wall, when it was in pieces I headed back upstairs before throwing the card in the sink and turning on the disposal, shredding it.