12

I woke up at 4, I got out of bed and put on my outfit for the day which was just a pair of black jeans, a red shirt and a black jacket. I then went to the bathroom to brush my hair and wash my face. Once that was done I grabbed my eyeliner and put some on, when I was happy with how I looked I went to the kitchen and made some breakfast, I just made some french toast. I felt arms wrap around me and begin to kiss my neck. I turned the stove off as the food was done. "Good morning Doll," I said as a sigh left my lips.

"Good morning" Glenda whispered against my neck, I felt a light bite then she pulled back, I turned around and kissed her, "my mark was fading so I had to renew it," Glenda said when I pulled back, I gave a light chuckle and shook my head.

"I love you," I said as I passed her a plate.

"I love you too," Glenda said as we sat down to eat the food.

"What are your plans for the day?" I asked.

"Not too much, may go out and have fun," Glenda said.

"If you do, be careful," I said.

"I promise I'll be careful," Glenda said and stood up putting our plates in the sink.

"Good because I can't lose you," I said as I stood up "I should be heading to work. I'll see you when I get home" I said and gave her a kiss. I grabbed my bag making sure my computer was inside it.

"Okay see you when you get home," Glenda said, I left the house and started walking to school.

"Maya wait up" I heard someone say so I turned around and saw Jake.

"What do you want? I'm going to be late" I snapped.

"I've heard you work at the school now," Jake said.

"I do," I said as I started walking. "I need to keep an eye on the kids, especially with your friend there," I said with a smile.

"So you know about Rachel," Jake said.

"Of course, there is also her husband who has no idea and her mother. All I want is for the kids to get a good education so I'll do what I have to to make sure they get it" I said.

"They are innocent Maya," Jake said.

"And so was Andy," I said, "Chucky has no limits Jake, the only reason he hasn't killed you in the last five years is because of the deal."

"What happened to your neck?" Jake asked.

"Not that it's any of your business but Chucky did it," I said.

"Yet you're still loyal to him. Why?" Jake asked.

"Isn't that the exact same thing you asked five years ago Jake? But I'll still answer the question. It's because he's my best friend, and betraying him will cause you to end up dead, and I enjoy my life. Getting Chucky to trust me was hard and getting him to trust the kids has been even harder because sometimes they betray him and there's nothing I can do to save them then he remembers every single time someone stabbed him in the back which makes it harder for the next kid. There's one thing you said and you were rig" I was cut off.

"Maya stop talking," Jesse said, "this is a warning from Chucky."

"Where's the fun in that" I mumbled. "Sorry, Jake can't finish what I was going to say, but I will say this. We are everywhere" I said.

"Now I'm glad I'm not friends with a freak of nature," Jake said, I felt the anger build up, I passed my bag to Jesse and punched him.

"Never insult my friend again Jake because next time it'll be worse," I said. I grabbed my bag back while Jake looked at me in shock. Jesse and I continued on our way to school leaving Jake behind "Jesse bring this to my room I'll be there soon" I said.