Chapter 27

Zarah looked up and her eyes met with her father's,she have seen a lot of his pictures since she was a child and Amatullah also showed them some of his latest pictures when she came. She kept quiet for a while,all that she have memorized vanished,she couldn't continue. Her mother who sat among the crowd and her siblings followed her gaze and it landed them on him,her ex,her father and her mother's ex husband.

"Baba"she said slowly in a cracking voice. He on the other hand stood there rooted to his spot,his legs too heavy to carry him and his eyes too weak to believe what is in front of him.

Growing up they were very sad and angry about their father not caring about them but they stopped when they realized that he don't know about them.

He was too indulged in looking at her that he did not see someone running to him from the side,he only felt two arms around him. Zarah also left the podium and half ran to where her father stood with her sister in his arms. She hugged him too. He need not to be taught that they are his children because they look everything like him.

"I don't think I should be left out"Amatullah joined in the hug.

"Baba"they chorused at the same time. He looked from Sarah to Zarah and back to Sarah. They look just like him,from the eyes to the nose, the lips and the dimples. He hugged them back overwhelmed with happiness. Munawarrah Who was earlier recording zarah on her camera turned it to them.

"How are you"he asked

"We're good Baba"they replied. The little father and daughters reunion ended when zarah was asked to come over and finish her speech. They snapped a lot of pictures after the graduation. Amie and baba still haven't said anything nor did mama and Amie. The girls could sense the tension between them but they still chose to ignore it. Finally someone wants to speak.

"I'm sorry munawarrah for all I've done to you" mama apologized. It is obvious the twins don't like mama one bit just like the way Abu isn't her favorite either.

"I've long forgiven you, Allah have already planned that it will happen" She said.

"Why didn't you tell me about the twins" Baba finally spoke.

"You don't even remember who I am,would you have believed me if I say they are your kids? And even if you do then you will have to take them away and you don't even know how hard it is for me to leave Amatullah to you"

"They look just like me so definitely yes"

"No you won't" she replied. Just then Abu, khairs father walked on them. Mama introduced him to Baba and vise versa. Everyone could notice the change in Baba's face when mama said "he's my husband". He came with the hope of setting things right and going back to Nigeria together.

They decided to continue having the conversation at home. They told munawarrah about everything that happened including how they got divorced and all. She was really touched, mama and baba also apologized again and again until they got tired. Baba asked Amie a favor of letting the twins come to Nigeria so they can meet their family,at first she said no but Abu convinced her and she agreed, well he's not that bad. "It's not like I'm taking them away it's just a visit" was what Baba said to her.

They left after a few days with the plan of the twins and khair joining them after a week,they have to process their visas and passports first. Baba also did tried to repay Abu for taking care of the twins but he said no,he did it for Allah's sake and because they are also like his kids.

It was obvious Baba is very happy because he called baba magaji immediately that day after their return to the hotel. Baba magaji was very happy also and gradually the news reached everyone.