2:13 pm

2:13 pm, September 10th, present year.

                       Myrene and Matthews were talking, when suddenly a gunshot ripped their conversation apart.

            Every officer started scrambling and Myrene and Matthews upholstered their weapons and aimed at the door.

            Myrene took the megaphone, and yelled, “Terri! What happened in there? Is anyone hurt?”

            A minute passed by and no response.

*          *          *

            I was shaking. He hadn’t shot me, but had carefully aimed directly outside my right ear. I wasn’t harmed physically, but all my determination and courage had been shattered.

            “Believe me now?” Hunter growled.

            I stood up without answering and walked towards the front door, with Hunter behind me. He had the gun against my head and was prodding me forwards.

            I opened the door, and saw all the police with their guns and rifles aimed at us.

            Hunter shouted from behind me. “Hello all!”

*          *          *

            Everybody was in shock. It was Detective Damian Hunter! He was their criminal, the man who killed his own partner!

            “Detective…I mean, Damian, put the gun down!” Myrene tensed up considerably.

            “Course I will! Here, let me just obey your every wish.” He didn’t move an inch. “You really think I was going to? Don’t be naïve and stupid. Now, I know this may come as a shock to you all, but right now, I need you to listen. Can you do that for me?”

            Matthews replied this time. “What do you want, Hunter?”

            “Oh hello Wayne. I need you to take your S.W.A.T. team somewhere else. I bet there is some other crime that is more important than this. I’m fine with Myrene’s group of monkeys here, but S.W.A.T. never was my favorite branch. So leave.”

            “What was the gunshot we heard? Is anybody hurt?” Myrene asked.

            “It was a warning. Nobody is injured…yet. But I’m not afraid to take action if the situation calls for it.”

            “No one needs to get hurt Hunter!” Matthews again.

            “Well, somebody does. But unless you’re gone in 5 minutes, you’d better call an ambulance.”

            “No need to do that Hunter!”

            “Well, there might be a need to if you’re still here! Now leave.”

            Hunter drew back inside. 

*          *          *

            “Sophie, radio in to the station that Detective Hunter is our suspect. I don’t want anybody trying to contact him with information about this case!” Myrene then turned her attention to Matthews.

            “Well?”

            “I’m going to leave, but stay in contact with me. I’ll come as close as I can, but we don’t know if he has eyes on the outside yet. If he does, then we’ll know soon enough.”

            “Are you willing to take the risk that he does have somebody watching? Then somebody could be killed!”

            “Well there isn’t any evidence suggesting another partner. Until recently, we thought he was acting alone. So why add another partner?”

            Myrene didn’t reply.

            “Okay. I’ll keep you updated,” she finally said.

            As Matthews left, Juliet came up beside Myrene.

            Myrene started thinking. What was so important about this girl? Obviously there was something, but she didn’t know what it was.

            An idea entered her mind. It might work. However, it would need Juliet’s co-operation.

            Myrene squatted down again and looked Juliet in the eyes.

            “Juliet, I’m going to need you to do something for me. It may seem scary, but it’s going to help Chase. Do you want to help Chase?”

            She nodded.

            “Good. Now, I’m going to need you to trust me and do exactly what I say. Think you can do that?”

            Another nod.

            “Good. Then here’s what I want you to do…”