3:15 am

3:15 am, September 10th, present year.

           It was exactly halfway through Chase’s final day. 12 hours ago, the figure started this thrilling adventure. How fast time flies. It seemed just like a few minutes ago when the figure tagged Chase in the status.

            Halfway done, and 12 more hours of fun for the figure.

*          *          *

            I glanced at the clock on Chief Myrene’s wall. It read 3:16. 12 hours in, 12 hours to go. I took my eyes off the wall and back to Myrene.

            “Now that the debriefing is done, hopefully things can get moving quicker. I’ve contacted Detective Hunter, and he should be here shortly. Until then…”

            Before she could finish, a siren ripped through the air. The lights dimmed and hidden bulbs on the ceilings start to flash red. People in the halls suddenly stopped their casual milling and immediately rushed to their personal desks. The hallways were instantly cleared of all people, and a group of five or six uniformed officers rushed down them, supposedly responding to the emergency.

            I looked back at the chief, who was strapping on her weapon and snatching her radio.

            "What's happening?" I had to yell over the siren.

            "I'm not sure, but stay here until I get back. Don't go anywhere." She looked determined, yet suspicious at the same time.

            Myrene left and mimicked the path of the cops who had gone before her.

            "Dad, do you know what is happening?"

            He shook his head. "I have no idea. We can only hope that it's nothing to serious."

            I slumped down into a chair behind me, and shut my eyes. I just wanted to get home. I opened my eyes and saw dad sit down.

            The door to the Chief’s office suddenly opened and in rushed Hunter. He quickly realized that the chief wasn't there and quickly questioned, "Where is the chief?"

            "She heard the sirens and everything and then grabbed her gun and radio and ran down that way." I pointed in the direction she has left. "She told us to stay here."

            He looked at both of us. "I have a feeling this distraction might be a tactic to get you two alone. Come with me, we're going to find out what's going on." He motioned for us to follow him.

            I was a little scared. "But the chief told not to go anywhere."

            "That’s true, but she hasn't seen what this guy is capable of. I have, and I don't think this is emergency is a coincidence."

            He opened the door and Dad and I were right behind him.

            Most everybody who didn't rush to the location of the emergency were typing on their computers and communicating with people through the radios in their hands.

            Hunter picked up the pace. We jogged, almost ran, to keep up with him. He went down some stairs and through a door which required a security pass. We ran to the end and through another secure door. He opened it and when we stepped in, I saw the chief surrounded by a group of officers.