Chapter 2: Brownies for Everyone

The day ended quickly. I didn't see Chris for the rest of the day which made me feel two different ways; worried, and relieved. As soon as I got home I went on my phone and my feed was covered in clips of today's morning news. Here's the catch though- they were all clips of me saying or doing something to Felix, which were edited in a way that made me seem like I was being rude. The rest of them (which were more than I thought) were edits of Felix. It was always playing a love song in the background with over saturated colors or no color at all. I rolled my eyes. The audacity.

I tossed my phone onto the bed. Who cares what they say anyways? Not me.

Grabbing a pair of clothes from my closet, I went into the bathroom, showered, changed, and hit the books. Vampires and werewolves. The only thing I could read that didn't have an unrealistic-trying-to-be-realistic antagonist. I appreciated it.

✄ ----------✄ ---------- ✄ --------- ✄ ---------

Some time passed and it was now 8 pm. Time goes fast when you're lost in a good book. Carefully, I set my book down on the nightstand, replaying everything that happened today in my head. Tsk, how pitiful. I must've looked pathetic. It didn't matter though, because tomorrow I will get my act together. I won't let anyone near me. Not even Chris. It's not like he can do anything about it. Saying I need to be fixed when I'm not even broken- it's ridiculous. I'm ridiculous.

I turned off the lights, shutting my eyes tightly. Off to a world that I can control. Much better. No matter how much you control your dreamworld, you will never be able to control the real one. I know that. I hate that. I hate it more than life, more than annoying girls bragging about Felix, more than guys making fun of me, more than my so-called 'friends' who abandoned me- more than myself.  Yeah. More than myself. I didn't abandon them. They hurt me first. I shut them out. We  cut off the toxic people. We do.

✄ ----------✄ ---------- ✄ --------- ✄ ---------

Morning came as if my life were a TV show on fast-forward. Throwing myself out of bed, I quickly got dressed for school. This should be interesting today. Hopefully, Chris didn't come back with any of his stupid questions. Life is more serious than he actually takes it. Get with the program.

I'm the type of person that relies on rationality and my brain rather than feelings. Is that so wrong? God forbid I lived going off of how I felt- that's how I got like this in the first place. Never again. I promise I won't ever again. It's been almost a year since then.

I got into my car, starting it, soon after driving to school for the filming of today's episode of the Morning News. On the way there, all I could think about is one thing, one person:

Felix. Why?

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧ Felix  POV・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾  

The brownies were extra fudgy, coated in powdered sugar. Still warm, perfect to binge eat. I loved everyone enjoying my baking even more than I did the actual baking. It wasn't only fun, but I got to see people's happiness and reactions when they took a bite out of it.

Setting the brownie box on the table, I proceeded to my seat at the desk where I sat when we were filming. My notes were already printed out the day before, so I was prepared in case I messed up. There's no room for failure. Not with Aisha at least. I can't mess up in front of her because I'm scared she'll think I don't care about doing the Morning News. As a matter of fact, I probably cared more than she does; I would never say that out loud though, since she's done so much to pull all the strings and get the show running by 7:15 a.m. before it was time to air. We had to be perfect, which meant everyone had to be on their A game. Unfortunately, even though I always am, my comedy lines would mess it up a lot.

As much as I know Aisha hates my off-topic statements and jokes, I only do them so people actually pay attention to the show. If I didn't, no one would voluntarily watch it, and she would be heart broken more than she already is. I can tell just by looking at her, she's hurt but doesn't want to say. All I want is to be her friend, help her open up. It's not as easy as said, which is what makes it a whole lot harder.

Aisha eventually walked in looking tired. Did she not sleep? Did something happen? I observed while she looked at the now half full box of brownies. She didn't take one, though. She simply stared, then walked over to her desk in front of the camera, pretending like nothing happened.

"Are you alright, Aisha?" I asked her, feeling worried.

She sighed, staying quiet for a moment. "I'm fine," She lied, probably thinking it sounded believable. It wasn't at all.

I shook the feeling. It'll be okay, she'll be alright. Though I didn't seem like it, I've always tried to be considerate of people's feelings and careful of what I say and do. In this case, she doesn't want people to ask further questions. I've never known her very well, but I know very well of the things she didn't like.

- People

- Drama

- Loud noises

- Anything annoying like asking too many questions

- Side comments

- Nonconstructive Criticism

- Me

She doesn't like me. I know she doesn't like me.

It's because she finds the things I do and say annoying, and how everyone in the school loves "Mr. Aussie" or something along those lines. I don't like being considered the "Mr. Aussie" of the school; Especially when there are other Aussies. It feels exclusive towards them. If only she knew that I wasn't doing it to impress anyone. I was doing it to help her. Why, you may ask?

Because I've liked her since the day I first laid eyes on her. Ever since that day, I've done whatever I could do to stay near her, making sure she's alright. She most likely doesn't like how I'm everywhere, but that's something I don't care about. She's the complete opposite of me, understandably. That's what makes her perfect, that's what makes me wish we were friends, and maybe, just maybe.... something more.