Inner violence

The sun said hello

The moon said goodbye.

As you raised a hand on me

I lost the last bit of dignity. 

Way back in November 

I had dreams to follow 

and hopes to hold on to

Now, all I have is this 

inner violence in me. 

The stars said hello

The clouds said goodbye.

As I took the journey ahead

I felt more and more afraid.

We had it all together

down to the last detail

and the mistake we made 

no matter how big or small

was part of this great plan. 

The wind said hello

The tornado said goodbye.

As you hurt me with words

I died a little each time. 

My heart was broken

I had nowhere to go

and it seemed like

your actions were

a reflection of me. 

The rain said hello

The thunder said goodbye.

As I saw the terror in you

I met the actual Devil. 

.  .  .

__________________________________

A/N: Okay, so... this poem is very raw and the idea came to me when I read one of Emily Dickinson's poems(all of them are jaw-droppingly good, I must say) and I don't exactly know what is the meaning of this. Maybe, just maybe the so-called inner violence is more like our fears, expectations and assumptions of ourselves and our lives, which can turn into a war; an inner war. Or it is a story of someone who had a violent relationship and lost the reason or will to live. Or it is a look into the world we live in and how every day there is something that could change, hurt and in worse cases, kill us. I could go on and on but to me, whatever it is, the lesson is the same - do not mistook or ignore the signs of abuse(especially the ones that we do to harm ourselves, whether we are aware of it or not). Being honest about it is the first step, everything else comes after that and is your decision. It doesn't have to be therapy either. It's your doing. It's your life. It's your overall happiness that is on the table here.

It's 2 am and I need to sleep, which is why I'm not gonna go any deeper with this and just hope you're doing okay out there, taking care of yourself and being present; enjoying outdoor activities, wild nature, family time, writing prompts, doing art, cooking or even doing daily, somewhat boring shores as long as it makes you smile. 

With love,

M.