𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏. master plan

[ 2

[ 2.12 ]

i'm doing this for a reason.

There was a small part of Maya considering giving up Derek. Small. She loved Scott so much and she only wanted him to be happy. But it was between the love of her life dying and Scott not being able to be with his living girlfriend, she truly wasn't sure what to do. She was also worrying about Stiles. No one had a clue where he was and even if Stiles was prone to wandering off, he wouldn't do it under the circumstances.

Maya, Isaac, and Scott stood with Noah in the boys' locker room. "I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles," the Sheriff told them. Maya nodded as she chewed on her lip, worried for her best friend. "His jeep is still in the parking lot so that means . . . " he paused, "Well, I don't know what that means. Um . . . look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any of you see him . . . "

They nodded as Isaac answered quietly, "We'll call you."

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him," Scott assured.

"Yeah," he sighed. "I'll see you, ok?"

"Scott?" Coach called the boy over and Maya turned to Isaac.

"Scott told me you're thinking about leaving. That true?"

Isaac sighed and dropped his head, "Thinking about it."

Maya sent him a disapproving look. "What about your brother?"

"I think me leaving would take some danger off his back. The more werewolves there are around him, the more danger he's in."

"The more werewolves there are around him means he'll have more protection. Isaac, Lucas adores you. He's safe. You know he is. But he needs to know you're going to be there to keep him safe. You can move away and swear it's about keeping Lucas out of danger, but we both know that Lucas would never forgive you if you left him. He's still young. He's still confused and scared. He's not living in his own house anymore." Maya paused, seeing Scott finish up with Coach. "We'll talk more later."

Isaac didn't answer, seeing Scott walking back over. Once Coach was out of earshot Maya asked, "Is that everyone?"

Isaac stepped forward to make sure, "I think so." When he turned back around the front of Stiles' locker was on the ground, bent, at his feet. "You're gonna find him by scent?"

Maya held one of Stiles' flannels, "Yeah, we all are."

"How come you two get shirts and I get a shoe?"

Maya looked up to see where Scott was looking and hit Isaac telling him to shut up.

"We need to talk," Derek told them. Maya instinctively started walking to Derek, but froze as another figure came into view.