𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕. restraining order

[ 2

[ 2.07 ]

i really like you, derek.

Maya sat in the back of her mother's car as they drove to the station, anxiety bubbling inside of her as she texted Derek.

mayajanemcall

Scott and Stiles are in trouble.

derek

What do you mean in trouble?

mayajanemccall

They kidnapped Jackson

derek

They what?

mayajanemccall

They kidnapped Jackson.

They took him after last night to keep him from killing other people but now he got out and went to his father and now mom Luke and I are going to the police station.

derek

Ok, slow down. It's going to be fine. Do you want me to meet you there?

mayajanemccall

Yes come. I need you here

Maya sighed and slid her phone into her pocket as Lucas leaned over in his booster seat. "Why is Scotty in trouble?" Maya glanced over at the boy with glossy eyes.

Chin trembling, she turned to the boy, "I'm not sure," she lied through her teeth.

"Maya," Melissa's stern voice boomed in the small car making MJ fearfully look up at her mother. She was never good at lying to Melissa, she was her weakness. "What do you know?"

She shook her head, "I don't Mom. I don't know anything. I swear," she lied, thanking God that they weren't supernatural and couldn't hear her heartbeat.

"If I find out you're lying, I'm grounding you until college," Melissa warned watching in the rearview mirror as Maya nodded and slumped in her seat. She picked at her nails anxiously. This was the last thing she'd needed. Her anxiety had been perpetually higher since she'd been bitten. She figured out a few days after the first full moon that her medication didn't work on her anymore. No medication worked. It had been Derek who was helping her stay in control and feeling okay.

As they pulled into the parking lot, Maya grabbed Lucas' hand and helped him out of the car and onto the pavement where the lights in his light — up shoes shined bright. The trio walked in, asking the officer at the front desk where the boys were. Maya and Lucas followed, but Maya stopped when she saw Derek stand up from the bench.