𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏. party over

[ 2

[ 2.10 ]

i never meant for this to happen.

     "Maya. No," Derek insisted, following her around her bedroom. "It's not safe."

     "None of this has been safe!" she cried, her hands slapping her legs in frustration. "I need to help. You're not stopping me."

     Derek grabbed her as she tried to reach for the door. He spun her back into his chest, grabbing her cheeks. "I know better than to try to stop you. But please, you had Scott call me here so I could keep you safe. Now, you want to go out into danger?"

     "The danger is right outside my window, Derek! There is a good chance that Matt is out there, taking more pictures. At least if I'm at Stiles' house, he probably won't follow me there because he could get caught. I'll be okay. I promise. I'll call you as soon as I need you."

     "I'm worried. I never meant for this to happen."

     Maya kissed him softly. "I'm terrified. But I need to do this. When everything's over, we'll come back here. Put on a movie and just be here. I promise. Okay?" she kissed him one more time before running out the door.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

     Maya, Scott, Stiles, and Sheriff Stilinski looked at a yearbook photo of Matt. "So this kid is the real killer," Noah asked.

     "Yeah," Stiles sighed.

     "No," he crossed his arms over his chest.

     "Yes!"

     "No."

     "Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, ok? So all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

     "Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris' class."

     "Alright, ok, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?"

     The Sheriff shook his head, "No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything. Scott, do you believe this? MJ?"

     "It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us," Scott tried to reason with him.

     "We know it's Matt," Maya added.

     "Yeah, he took Harris' car, ok? Look he knew if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class, that they'd arrest him."

     "Alright, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"