𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓. the date

[ 2

[ 2.04 ]

why are you such a sour wolf with everyone else, but a big puppy for me?

"I have to back before they come here, so we don't have much time to talk," Deaton rushed, confusing Maya. "I just wanted to talk to you and show you what I showed Scott."

"Uh, what is that?" Maya pointed to the bottle of unknown liquid that her boss's father was pouring onto a cotton ball.

"Rubbing alcohol," Alan told her as he nodded down to her cuts, "You don't want it to get infected, do you?" Maya shook her head furiously, never wanting a cut to get infected again. She thought of when she had a terrible trip to the emergency room, causing a major panic attack, the doctor's telling her she could die if the simple cut from her bike wasn't treated properly. "You'll heal the same, just not as quickly, because of Derek."

"Okay, how do you guys know all this? Actually, how do—how do you know anything?"

"It's a long story." Charlie said as Alan leaned down to bandage her wounds. "What we can tell you is that we know about your kind. Your kind . . . we can help. This—this is something different."

"What—uh—well—do you know what did it?" she stammered in confusion, the urgency in her bosses' voice causing anxiety in itself.

"No," he shook his head. "But the Argents will. And this is the crucial part. They'll have some kind of record, or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations of all the things they've discovered."

"Wha—all the things? How many different things are there?"

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of a car pulling up. Maya rushed to the other room to listen in on the conversation. Maya's anxiety only grew listening to the analysis of the body and animal. Her heartbeat quickened hearing Deaton say whatever thing did this, only kills, to kill.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

"Ahh!" Maya shrieked seeing the glowing red eyes in the dark. Maya flipped the light on and glared at her laughing boyfriend with her arms crossed. "I hate you."

"You love me," Derek rolled his eyes.

Maya froze at the word 'love'. Derek seemed to take notice but she quickly countered, "Hate you," with a playful glare.

"Love me," Derek argued knowing deep down he loved her, and refused to believe she didn't love him back.

"Like you," Maya nodded with a soft smile, "But maybe that'll change."

"You're going to fall in love with me," he said grabbing her wrist and spinning her to him, "I know it." Maya leaned up to kiss him happily. "So, I was thinking about what you said earlier. I'm thinking . . . tomorrow? Say 8 o'clock?"