𝒕𝒘𝒐. the hunter and the wolf

[ 1

[ 1.02 ]

ivy tried to kill me

        Maya couldn't stop thinking, worrying, fighting the idea that that her new friend, one she believed could be great, was on the team that could kill her. She sat in class with Ivy everyday. At any moment Ivy could reach over and stab her with wolfsbane. Yes, she let Stiles teach her everything he discovered ( and of course she did her own research ) and they found that some forms of wolfsbane could kill with a simple knick on her arm.

        Maya had to believe that Ivy didn't recognize her that. She had to. It was the only way the werewolf could sleep at night. Maya beelined to the bench where Stiles sat at the start of practice, paying no attention to Lydia, Ivy, and Allison on the bleachers right by her.

        "Ivy tried to kill me," was all she said as soon as she sat beside the buzzcut haired boy.

        "W—what?!" Stiles flailed his arms in shock and turned to the brunette. "Where? When? Why?"

        "Friday night. On the full moon. In the woods. She's a hunter. I don't think she recognized me."

        "How do you know it was her?"

        "Have you seen her hair? Anyone could recognize that red hair anywhere," Maya answered.

        "You don't think she recognized you?"

        "I have to think of it that way. I can't sleep. I mean, she would have taken another shot at me by now, right?"

        Stiles nodded, "Unless they're planning something bigger. You think Allison knows?"

        "She wasn't there that night. I don't think so. Maybe it's like a ritual thing. Ivy's eighteen and Allison's about to turn seventeen because they move around so much. I mean, what if that's their birthday present: learning about the family legacy."

        "Oh, yeah. "Happy birthday! Here's how to kill a werewolf!"" Stiles remarked sarcastically.

        "I'm serious, Stiles! What if Scott gets involved with Allison and in a year she finds out about werewolves and that it's her family's destiny to hunt them." She also did research on the Argents. "What if she found out about Scott? Stiles, I'm not losing my baby brother."

        "You won't. We don't really know anything yet. All we know is—Oh, my god!" Maya turned her head to Scott hunched over on the ground and Jackson squirming in pain a few feet away.

        "Scott!"

        "It's happening," the boy groaned out as Maya reached him.

        Stiles glanced between the siblings, flabbergasted, "Wh—now?!"

        "Come on!" Maya grabbed Scott and Stiles helped get him to the locker room.

        "Scott! W—What do we do?!" Stiles asked after shutting and locking the door.