25

y/ns pov

it's been a few weeks since, everything. it's been lonely, none of them will talk to me, i understand why though, i've really fucked up. it felt as if chris was dead. he hasn't been at school or even out of the house, i don't even know. his attendance at school got so bad, he was in danger of not graduating. worst of all, nick was completely ignoring me. at least my mom forgave me, she even paid for my driving lessons as matt was no longer taking me too school. every day i was trying to think of ways to get nick to talk to me but nothing came to my mind... until.

i walked over to the ice cream truck and ordered nick's favourite ice cream, and matts too, when we were younger we made a rule which was; no matter how mad you are at your best friend, you have to forgive them if they buy you ice cream, so that's what i did. i started walking to nick and matts lockers, as they shut their lockers my face is all the could see.

"i'm sorry." i said, holding the ice cream.

nick and matt shot me a smile before taking there ice cream, phew, what relief... then they threw their ice cream in the trash, damn.

school was over and all i wanted to do was go home, cry, eat, sleep, instead i went to mine, nicks and matts favourite arcade, you know the one with the dance machine.

i walked in and grabbed a slush, then i sat on a car racing game, i didn't play, i just sat on it. i was drinking, my slush when i saw a familiar face walk in, nick. i watch him walk over to the dance machine, put some money in, enough for one player then he just stands there, then he puts in more money, enough for two players, he sighs and glances at me. he nods at me to come over, i don't hesitate. it's nicks part to dance, he doesn't move. after a few seconds i see his feet start moving, then his body. he looks at me confused as to why i'm not dancing, i start dancing, nick shoots a smile at me.

nick and i start dancing, better than we have before. maybe we work better when he hates me, i don't know? i lean back onto nick and he holds me, like a trustfall, we giggle for a minute, then we go back into reality. nick hugs me, i don't miss the chance and hug him back. we haven't said a word since he got here.

we walk out of the arcade after a few hours as we had finished most of the games, nick and i were having so much fun, i missed this.

"i've been thinking about our birthday party after prom!" i start, nick raises an eyebrow.

"we could do a costume party maybe?" i question.

"hell yes!" he cheers, "we have to ask matt and chris though."

"yeah of course!" i say.