10

the day of the fundraiser
y/ns pov

it's the day of the fundraiser, luckily it's on a saturday this year instead of a sunday.
i awoke from my sleep to a loud ping, it's chris. ever since our interaction it's been awkward with him.

marylou suggested i stayed the night so that we could set up the fundraiser early, good idea.

christopher
today at 3:52am

come to my room
please y/n!

why?
it's so late, what if i wake
nick up.

just come.
please.

no
i'll talk to you tmrw
okay?

whatever.

i go back too sleep, it's only 3am.

once again, i awake from my sleep and shoot up, i check the time and it's 11am, nicks gone. i stand up, feeling dizzy from getting up too quick.

i decide to go check the kitchen too see if nicks there.

i walk into the kitchen and nobody is there, but chris. fuck.

"can we talk now?" he asks, why is he so desperate.

"no, i have to talk to nick." i say, walking out of the room.

"nicks gone to get mcdonald's breakfast with matt, so it's just me and you, so can we talk?" he yells.

"chris there's nothing to talk about." i yell back.

"y/n!" he calls as i walk back into nicks room and shut the door, maybe i should just tell nick.

20 minutes later

"we're back!" nick yells, walking into the kitchen.

"y/ns still asleep?" matt asks, he knows what's happened, i feel bad cause nick and i are best friends but i can't bring myself to tell him.

"she is, she's in your room." chris says as the door opens, i shoot up.

"oh hey nick!" i say,

"hey!" he says putting his hand out for me to grab, i take it and get up.

i go into the kitchen and sit on a chair, i hate mcdonald's breakfast so matt always gets me a donut and a hot chocolate.

nick hands me the bagged donut and the hot cup.

"thank you." i say.

i catch chris staring at me, i look at him and then i look away, this is just painful.

"uhh chris?" nick says he caught him, damn.

"yeah?" he says,

"uh y/n has something to ask." he says, what?

"what do i have to ask?" i ask, nick walks over and whispers.

"oh the popular girls said they'll only pay for the kissing booth if you're on show." i explain,

"y/n, im not doing the kissing booth." he says strictly.

"please chris, we've worked so hard on this and we need to win this year." nick starts.

"i agree with nick, we worked so hard on this and we've really put our all into it so please at least think of coming by." i beg.

"whatever." he says, nick grins.

4 hours later

"it takes us 40 minutes to get there, plus we have to put everything in the car so i think we should start getting ready now, it starts at 7!" nick starts as i sigh.

"nick! it's 3! we don't need four hours!" i say,

"you take an hour in the shower, you take an hour to get ready and it takes us near enough an hour to get there, and we have to set up!" he says, fair point.

"okay fine." i say, "i'm using your shower though." i blow a kiss and he rolls his eyes.