Chapter 18

Warning: Mature content ahead
Please read at your own risk. You can skip it if you feel uncomfortable. Thank you!
------------

"Yes. Maybe it's time." She replied, still staring at him. "But not this time because I need to meet with the hospital president and director pa." She apologetically said.

"Oh, no. It's alright. I am willing to adjust naman for you."

Dapat lang. She said in her mind.

"Maybe, I'll just message you na lang when's my free time, but most probably naman I'll be available for the remaining days of my vacation."

"Y-You're just here for a vacation?" He awkwardly asked. They aren't like this. They shouldn't be like this if it wasn't for him.

"Yes. I'll be here for 2 weeks only then I'll fly back to NYC." Her eyes widened. "You know, Wacky, that's too much info you got there. Bye! I need to go." She excused herself. She shouldn't have said that to him because he'll have an idea on her endeavors.

Wacky watched her leave. He smiled triumphantly when he got the information he needed but of course, he will take baby steps for now.

After that encounter, they never saw each other again within the 4 walls of the hospital on that very same day. Wacky was actually very conscious about himself throughout the day, but he never saw her.

The next day, it was just an ordinary day at the hospital not until the doors of the ER opened. There was a man in his 30s being brought in by the rescuers and-- by Lea, whose clothes were stained with lots of blood. She was on the site when the car collision happened.

On the other hand, Wacky was exactly at the ER at that time because he's been called to check a patient, too.

"What happened?" The attending ER doctor asked, on his side is Karina, a fellow. They started assessing the patient.

"Vehicular accident, the patient was neither the driver nor the passenger of both cars, he was just a passer-by. He was sandwiched by the two cars hence receiving the worst injuries." One of the rescuers said.

"Thank God because we have Doc Lea there. She did first aid before we came." The second rescuer told them.

Upon hearing Lea's name, Karina flinched. She doesn't know what to feel but sure, her blood is boiling. Because of Lea, she stood no chance in Wacky.

Lea walked closer to them after talking to the nurse in the nurse's station. She requested permission to practice here at the hospital because she knows how grave the injuries were and she's also confident that she can save him.

As she drew closer to the patient's bed, his vital signs were also dropping. The doctors and nurses were already panicking.

"Come on, Director. Faster." She whispered to herself while fidgeting her fingers. She knows she cannot touch the patient unless given permission.

Instead of just standing there, she started giving instructions to them. Just like the old times. Of course, they follow not because she was well-respected by many, but also because she is the best trauma surgeon they had before. They know her so well.

Doc Karina cannot take it anymore so she shouted at her, still, her focus was on the patient. "Can you please stop meddling with our jobs?"

"Can you please stop complaining and just continue doing your job?" Lea cannot believe Karina. She is in front of a patient and yet she chose to mind her.

Everyone who witnessed that happening was either laughing or cheering secretly, and of course, they are all on the side of their Doc Lea.

"If you can't stop talking, then just fucking respect your position and ours." Karina fired back again.