Chapter 11

"Lea? Are you still with me?" She was awakened from her daydreaming. Every single thing that has happened was just in her imagination.

"Ah, yes." She answered, trying to search in her book of reactions on what to show.

The perplexed Wacky walked closer to her, eyebrows knitted in confusion. "You won't even ask me how I found out?"

"No need. I know the answer anyway." She turned her back on him to open the blinds. She sighed to let out her frustration on herself while appreciating the stars from the sky above. What am I even imagining? She asked herself.

"How would you even know when you're so sick that time?"

"I remembered everything I did before completely surrendering to my bed and illness. What I do not remember is that my prescriptions and lab results were all inside my bag and I never imagined that they will all scatter when I tried to search for my meds. And when you started acting weird, that's when everything fell into one place." She took a long breath after, still not looking at Wacky.

"Lea, we need to talk about this."

"We are right now, Wacky."

"What I mean is your treatment."

"No." She answered so fast, nothing can really change her mind now.

Wacky walked closer to her even more, settling at her side. She noticed, still not giving him a glimpse. "Lea, what's on the line here is your life--- your precious life." She knows what is about to happen. She is going to receive an earful of explanations and lectures just like in her daydream. She is tired right now and she can't listen and argue.

"I cannot just stand here knowing I can treat you. I don't want to have my second biggest regret in----" Wacky's spontaneous lecture were cut off when he felt a very soft lips on his own. He distanced himself from Lea because of shock.

"What the hell did you just do?"

"The only way I know to shut your mouth is to kiss you, so I did." She crossed her arms and return her gaze towards the stars. Wacky is still stoned by what happened.

"Wacky, this will be the last time I will repeat myself to you, ha? I don't want to get treated. What I went through last time is too much for me. I just want to spend my remaining time like the usual. I don't want people to get hurt while I am still here. I---"

Wacky grabbed her by the arms and pulled her closer to him so that their lips would meet again. This time around, it was Lea who was very shocked. It was very unexpected.

Just like in her imagination, it was very sweet at the start and later on, it grew into a passionate one. He tried to ask for an access and she gladly obliged. The kiss displayed their longing for each other for a very long time, and their hidden feelings.

"Doc Lea---" Gail's eyes widened at what she witnessed. Lea and Wacky immediately put a gap in between their lips, and they were shocked, too. Gail turned around with her cheeks turning red, feeling the awkwardness all by herself. Siya na ang nakahuli pero siya pa ang nahiya.

Lea gave Wacky a deadly glare, while making her way towards Gail. She can feel her heart pumping really hard at this moment. "Gail, w-what do you need a-and why are you here?"

Gail didn't look back but she answered in a low tone. "Doc, may inasikaso lang po, saka yung need ko, it can wait naman po pala. Bye po!" She started running to escape the awkward atmosphere.

When Lea's assured that she's far away. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Why didn't you lock my door?"

"Well, I didn't know that we will kiss! It's not even on my plan to confess my feelings for you today."