Chapter 14

"Babes, they called me and asked me about my schedule. They didn't force me naman to choose musicals over my job."

"What did they say?"

"Well, they wanted me to play Erzulie but I also have another character which is a nurse at first."

"And then?"

"I chose to be an understudy, babes. They offered me to be the main, but I chose that because I know that I can't quit being a doctor."

Wacky puts down his book and sat at the edge of the bed. He opened his arms wide, signaling Lea to come to him. When she sat on his thighs, he kissed her shoulders after hugging her.

"That's still nice, babes. So, when are you going to start the rehearsals?"

"Actually, it's six months from now but they'll be sending the scripts over tomorrow." She looked at him.

He was thinking. "I think, we should schedule your operation right away."

"That's what I was going to tell you rin."

"I have an idea, babes and I hope that you will like it."

The following day, they arrived at Makati Medical Center. Lea wasn't very confused at this point anymore because Wacky told her what is their agenda in this hospital.

Waiting at the entrance is none other than Elijah himself.

"Doctors!" He greeted them. He seemed so different from before.

"Elijah!" Wacky gave him a man-hug.

After, Lea greeted Elijah. "Eli! How are you?" She offered a handshake, but he pulled her for a friendly hug.

"Doc, I should be the one asking you that. How are you?"

"I'm doing great for the past few days, actually." Elijah nodded. He looked around in case someone is listening to them.

"Shall we proceed to my office for a little privacy?" The couple nodded. They followed him to his office which is just located at the ground floor.

After closing his office's door and letting them seat, he immediately asked questions.

"So, kailan pa po yan, doc?"

"My first cancer was way back med school years pa and ngayon lang bumalik."

"What?!"

"Well, yeah." Lea laughed gently while nodding.

"It's getting worse, Elijah, so I need to do assessments right away and as confidential as possible. You know why, right?" Eli nodded.

"Doc Wacky, we have the best tools here and don't worry because I will do everything in my power to keep this case as confidential as possible. When are you going to execute your plan?"

Wacky looked at Lea before answering. "Is it possible today? I am scheduling her surgery same day next week. 1 week is enough to study her case."

"But you don't know yet if it's operable."

"I will make it operable, Lea. Just like you, I have magic hands." He showed her his hands and they all laughed.

"Yeah, he's a real magician, doc Lea. I've read every single journal he published." Wacky smirked at him, obviously mocking him.

"So, you know how to read and recognize authors now, huh?"

"Yes. Thanks to you." Elijah responded while rolling his eyeballs which made the two laugh. "By the way, doctors may I ask why are you such in a hurry?"