Chapter 15

4 hours post-op...

Wacky is sitting at Lea's bedside inside the ICU. He is holding her hands near his mouth, which is covered by face mask.

"Babes, wake up na. I miss your laugh and your kasungitan na. Please wake up na, ha? I love you!" He whispered to her, who is peacefully sleeping.

8 hours post-op...

"Babes, do you remember the moment before we looked into our college entrance examination results? We were at your residence that time. I asked you a random question about two friends, one is falling in love with the other, then you based your answer on the book you were reading. I saw the book you were reading, to love or to hold, right? I read that, too. You answered your answer without finishing the story first. But I bet you already know the ending of the story, right? It's always better to take the risk because look at us now. Had I not taken the risk, where are we now?" He narrated on the sleeping Lea.

"Another story, babes. Doc Karina isn't bad as you think. She is actually kalog and fun to be with. I think we are becoming friends na nga eh." He laughs afterward. If Lea could only react, maybe she already slaps the shit out of him.

12 hours post-op...

He is sleeping soundly at her side, still holding her hands, when he felt a movement. He was alert enough to look if it was Lea, and he was right. Lea is gradually waking up from her deep slumber.

"Hi." She greeted him; her voice is still weak.

"Hi! Oh my God, thank you! You slept for too long. I was worried."

She smiled, "Did I?" He nodded then he assessed her. Good thing that nothing seems to be abnormal.

"You know the protocol, right? You need to stay here for a complete 24 hours before we transfer you into a regular room."

"Yes, I know it all. Did you sleep well?"

"No, to be honest. But I got more energized when I saw you wake up than when I get to sleep full 8 hours." He laughs and so did she, but weakly.

24 hours post-op...

Lea is now being transferred to her private room.

"What food do you want, babes? The gang is asking because they'll head over here."

"Ramen would be nice."

"Alright, as your doctor, I approve. No to super heavy meals muna." She laughed at what he said while nodding.

After waiting for some time, Matt, Rob, and Migs arrived. They are holding tons of things. It includes flowers, fruits, different desserts, and drinks. Right after placing the bags on the table, they immediately went to Lea.

"How are you feeling, Lei?" Miguel.

"I'm feeling a lot better now, actually."

"Is there any pain? What do you want?" The ever-caring Rob asked.

"The pain is tolerable naman, Rob and all I want for now is my ramen because I am really hungry." Rob nodded and he immediately opened one of the ramen bowls.

"Good to know that you're now fine, Lea." It was Matthew's turn to talk.

"Thank you, Matt." She smiled.

"Here, Lea. Eat. I'll help you na lang." Wacky is smiling while watching them. They are really blessed with such wonderful friends.

"Ah, Wacks, kailan makakalabas si Lea?" Miguel curiously asked him.

Wacky walked closer to them and thinks. "Hmm, maybe after a month? 1 week no strenuous activity muna eh to help with the wound healing then PT afterwards."