Chapter 6

"Cheers!" clinking of their glasses were heard. 4 out of 5 went to an expensive restaurant as their celebration/routine. They celebrated Lea's promotion and Miguel's new job.

"Why aren't you drinking, Lea?"

"The hospital might call me. Water is fine." She answered while raising her glass of water. Robert nodded at her.

"This is so much fun! Bakit naman kasi every two weeks lang natin ginagawa ito? This kind of fun should be every other day or at least weekly ginagawa." They laughed at Miguel's thoughts. They know that he just said that because of too much happiness.

"Can't you remember the reason why it's every 2 weeks, Migs? Let me remind you, it's because we are all busy people and we do this just to catch up." Matthew explained it to him again.

Robert leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. "Look how far we've come. Lea and Wacky are already doctors. I am an engineer. Miguel is a lawyer while Matthew is an architect and can speak longer sentences already." They laughed at what he said because of the last part except for Matt. They really never thought that Matthew will change, but thank God because he did.

"Food is here!" Lea exclaimed with so much energy. She is watching the food being served not until her phone rings. She immediately stood up and picked up her things upon seeing the caller's name, one of her residents.

"I need to go, guys! Hospital." She shortly told them and they already understood. They are so used to her skipping their dinners because of hospital duties but all of them fully understand her.

Lea is obviously disappointed, on the other hand, because she didn't get to eat and taste the food they just ordered.

She drives as fast as she can and as careful as she can to the hospital. She was told that it was a vehicular accident and the driver is in a very critical condition due to a steel pole pierced through his body. The only good news is that the damage in the organ isn't that big and is reparable through surgery.

Lea didn't even get to park her car properly upon arriving. She headed directly to the emergency room where she saw her subordinates already responding.

"Book the OR now and bring the patient there." She calmly instructed them. This is what everyone needs in times like this, calmness.

She rushed going to her office to change her clothes into scrubs. She did it in no time. After, Lea immediately went to the scrubbing area. Her residents are just as fast as she is because as she enters the OR, everything is already ready, including the patient.

After 4 hours in the operating room...

"Great work, everyone!" She commended everyone like she always does. This is also the reason why everyone loves her. She is down to earth despite her very good skills and achievements.

One of her advisees, Gail, is waiting for her outside the OR. "Doc, are you for real? 5-8 hours na operation ay nagawa niyo within 4 hours? At hindi lang iyon, successful pa! Anong kamay po mayroon kayo?"

"Bola! By the way, where is the patient's family? I need to talk to them." They walked side by side while talking.

"Iyon na nga po, doc. We are still trying to contact the patient's family."

Lea's eyebrow raised. "Eh, who brought the patient here?"

"A good and very handsome Samaritan po." She told her doc Lea with her kinikilig voice.

"Is he still there in the waiting area? I'll inform him about the patient's condition na lang." Lea answered without minding what her subordinate mentioned. "I can go by myself. Thank you, Gail."