Chapter 5

Wacky decided to study at NYU although it is very hard for him to leave his friends. Three factors pushed him to take it. One: it's his parent's wish, the second is: Ateneo is the only school he applied to which he didn't pass, and the last one is Lea's answer. Should she have answered like his other friends, he would've stayed and taken the risk.

He chose to leave the country and study at another to think and somehow maybe to move on if he could. His feelings for Lea are on another level. It's not like any other. It's so genuine and deep to the point that if he could marry her right at this point, he would.

Wacky also realized that maybe, the universe is already giving him a sign to focus and become serious with his studies. This is not his high school life anymore. This is all about his future.

---------

2020

"That's it, doc? Sad ang ending ng love story niyo ni Sir pogi?" Gail, one of her thesis advisees and resident, asked her in disappointment.

Lester disagreed with Gail. "Baliw, hindi pa ending, Gail. Hangga't wala pang nachuchugi sa kanila, wala pang period sa story nila."

Lea laughed at them heartily. She finds them so cute. She was once like this, but not as cute as them or so she thought. "Love story kayo nang love story diyan, who told you ba that this is my love story?"

"It's very obvious po, doc." Gail answered her. She was silenced. Really, it's that obvious?

"So, doc, paano po naging communication niyo saka hindi po ba siya umuwi?" It was Mark's turn to ask his question.

"Telephones already exist and there are already computers, ano ka ba? We contact each other throughout my med school life." She chuckled. "Wait, do you think I am that old?"

"Hindi naman po sa ganon, doc." Mark scratched the back of his head while the others laughed at their Doc Lea because although she is way older than them, she's like a baby to them, the total opposite of what she thinks of herself.

"Doc, going back to Mark's question po, hindi nga po umuwi si sir pogi?" Lester asked because of too much curiosity.

Lea shook his head slowly. "Nope!" Emphasizing the "p" sound.

"Even on important occasions po?" Mark followed up on Lester's question.

"Yep!" Again, emphasizing the "p" sound. "Guys, I know this is your free time and not your thesis time but don't you have any questions related to your thesis and not about my love life?" She said in a joking manner, trying not to kill the mood.

"Doc, ngayon lang po kami nagkaroon ng ganito pong kahabang free time, let us dedicate this time po muna para sa love life niyo. Love life ni doc Lea over thesis, ganern!" Gail pleaded with hand gestures.

Lea laughed once again at her residents. "Hay, bahala kayo basta finish your thesis on time ha?"

"Yes!" They all cheered when she agreed.

"Okay, doc, bakit po pala hindi niyo po alam na candidate for salutatorian si sir?"

"He was really naughty back then and he wasn't serious about his acads. I know he is smart but I didn't know he is THAT smart. Saka we rarely talk about our academic standings."

"He is not serious pero candidate for salutatorian, what more kung serious siya at focused?"

"He could've surpassed me with no sweat," Lea answered them with a smile.

"Me thinks you're wrong, doc. He may be that smart, but you are something else." Every resident in her office agreed with what Lester said.

"Bola!"