Chapter 4

"Lea, please answer the phone." Wacky whispered to himself while trying to contact Lea. Everything he did for Lea is now taking a toll on him. He doesn't have any regrets at all, his worry is that their friendship might be over.

He continues to dial Lea's cellphone number. "Okay, this will be my last call and if you won't answer, I'll stop for now." This is now his 25th call. When the other line rang for the nth time, he prayed to the heavens for Lea to answer and in just a few more seconds, his prayers were answered. Finally. He thought.

"Lea?" He is biting his lips because of too much nervousness while pacing back and forth.

"Let's meet at the park. Exactly 3:00 pm today. Don't be late even for just a minute. You know how much I hate that." Lea told him without a pause.

He was about to answer back but the call was already ended by her. He immediately runs to his room to choose something to wear since it's already 2:00 pm.

After preparing everything, he took a quick bath and then asked their driver to take him to the said park. He wished and prayed again that there will be no traffic on their way.

He arrived at the park at exactly 3:00 pm. He didn't even bother texting Lea to ask her about her location because he spotted her already. When it comes to Lea, his eyes are really fast.

"Lea!" He shouted to call her attention then he playfully waved at her. She is sitting on the grass with some snacks ready.

She looked at him and told him to come already, so he runs towards her.

"Is this a date?" He asked in a joking manner.

"Date your face, Wacky!" She fixed her sitting position to give him some space. "By the way, are you hungry?" Wacky nodded.

She picked up the bread but Wacky halted her. "Kaya ko naman, Lea. Huwag ka na mag-abala."

"Ibibigay ko lang naman sa iyo. Anong akala mo, ipagpapalaman pa kita? Kapal naman." She laughs but Wacky didn't. "I was just kidding, okay? What do you want ba?"

Wacky shook his head. "Nah, I lost my appetite." He looked away while showing his tampo face.

Lea slapped his arms so hard. "Hindi bagay sayo! Bilisan mo na nga at kumain." He immediately laughed. He really cannot maintain a serious face.

"Fine!" Said Wacky while trying to roll his eyeballs. He wanted to look masungit like Lea but he failed. "So, what are we going to talk about? Is this the one you've mentioned in the hospital?" He asked her while scooping some mayonnaise.

Lea's cheeks turn red, but he didn't notice. "Nope! It is about something else."

"Okay, I'm all ears."

"I am really embarrassed right now so please don't look at me while I am speaking, okay?" Wacky nodded and looked away while munching his bread.

She cleared her throat and sighed before starting. "You know that deep inside, I am very thankful for what you did, right?" Her peripheral vision saw Wacky nod. "I am going to say it formally. Wacky, thank you so much. But..."

He looked at her with a mouthful of bread. "I said don't look at me." Wacky immediately turned his gaze away from Lea.

"But guilt doesn't let me sleep at night. I may sound ungrateful, weird, or any thinkable description that suits me but I somehow have a point. I benefited from your sacrifice, but it doesn't make me happy at all knowing that you should be the one experiencing that and not me. You've done so much for me and yet what I have done for you, none right?"

Wacky tried to look at her again but he was caught. "How many times do I have to tell you not to look at me while I am speaking?" He giggled because of her cuteness and looked away.