Chapter 17: Home Sweet Home

TAEHYUNG POV

The rest of the trip, I was silent. When we arrived home, I didn't even say goodbye to Jennie. I just left and went home. The first thing I did when I got back was go upstairs to my room and lay down on my bed.

"Why," I said to myself.

I still haven't managed to figure out why she hasn't told me. After all the time I spent with her, she didn't tell me. You know, I'm beginning to think she only was with me for the majority of the trip because she had a guilty conscience on her mind. I tried my best to get my mind off it, but nothing seemed to be working. I'll have a few days to get rid of it before I get back to work. 

(TEXT)

Taehyung: Hey Thalia, I just landed and got back home

Thalia: Okay, I should be back home within three days

Taehyung: Hey, do you have time to facetime

Thalia: Sure

(FACETIME)

"Hey," Thalia.

"Hey," I replied.

"How was the trip back home," she asked.

"It was fine, but I kind of want somebody to talk to," I said.

"Same," Thalia said. 

"I'm still shocked about hearing that," I said.

"So, what's the plan here? You get a week off from work. What are you going to do," she asked.

"I'm going to confront her about it," I said.

"Woah, slow down, Tae, you can't just confront just right away," Thalia said.

"Sure I can; I mean, she's been holding out for three years. Why not right here, right now," I said.

"Okay, but you need to be careful at what you're saying," Thalia said.

"You know I'm actually pissed," I said. "Hiding my kid from me. Of course, Taewon is full of energy and likes cand; hee got that from me."

"So, when are you planning on doing it," Thalia asked.

"Well, I would like to have some backup. We'll do it as soon as you get back from India," I said.

"Okay, but please, Taehyung, remember to be careful on how you approach this," Thalia said again.

"I will, I will," I said.

"Alright, listen, I got to do some work; I'll talk to you tomorrow," Thalia said.

"Okay, bye."

*hangs up*

In my thoughts, I'm thinking about Taewon. You know, that kid is cute, but I haven't admitted this to Jennie or anyone. He kind of looked like me. I thought it was just a coincidence, but now I see why.

"I need to get some rest," I said and shut my eyes.