Chapter 5: Relapse

JENNIE POV

"Thanks for taking me home," I said to Tinna right before she drove off.

It was late at night, and I tried my best not to wake up Taewon. If he gets up at this time, it will be a hard time to get him back down. Luckily that didn't happen. Anyway, I went to my room, changed, and lay on my bed. 

"God, that was awkward," I thought.  

Just seeing him again. And not only that, the fact that I did miss him and we kissed. It was our promise to each other to stay away from each other. It was to help ourselves. Everything was just thrown out the window. As I shifted my body left and my head resting, I couldn't help but wonder. Bring back the confused feelings we had. Even after three years, we still couldn't figure out what it was, what I am to him, and what he is to me. But what I said was true. I missed him. 

"Let's just get some sleep, Jennie," I said to myself before resting my eyes.

8 A.M

"Mommy," I heard Taewon come into my room and rest beside me.

"Good morning, baby," I kissed him on the forehead. 

Then he got out of bed, and I heard his footsteps down the stairs. The feeling of guilt then struck me. I felt so bad hiding this secret from Taehyung. It's different. It's not like he cheated and left. We both left each other. Taewon's smile kills me with joy and sadness at the same time. A cute face, but then I'm reminded of him again. 

"Mommy, I'm hungry," I heard Taewon yell downstairs.

"O~Okay, sweetie, mommy needs a bit more time," I replied.

TAEHYUNG POV

"Okay, you haven't drank your drink yet, and you've been mumbling this entire time. What's up," Thalia asked me.

"Nothing," I shook my head.

"Taehyung, you've been acting strange today; it's like you don't want to talk to me," Thalia said.

"Sorry, I have a lot on my mind right now," I replied.

Thalia looked at me strangely, like I was hiding something.

"Okay, you have to tell me, what is up," Thalia said. "Is this about Jennie?"

"No, of course not," I said.

*lifts her eyebrow*

"Okay, it's about her," I said.

"I see. Let me guess. Did you guys used to date," she asked.

"No, nothing like that," I said.

"Okay, but it seems like you guys were close," she said.

*sigh*

"Let's just say Jennie, and I promised never to see each other," I said. "Only it to be broken."