Chapter Sixteen

"You're not going to remember anything.", Beth said, "But I'm your cousin. Your mother and mine are, or were, sisters. They stopped speaking when you were around five. But, I remember everything about you. The way you used to smile and laugh, before your mother went crazy." May stared at Beth.
"I'm sorry.", she said, "But I don't remember my mother ever even mentioning a sister. I'm sure she wound have told me." Beth sighed.
"You were sheltered.", she said, "She wouldn't tell you if her life depended on it." She looked around the carriage. "Maybe this will ring a bell." Beth cleared her throat.
"Tom, he was a pipers son
he learned to play when he was young ", she sang, "All all the tune that he could play.."
"Was over the hills and far away.", May finished with wide eyes. Beth smiled as the two of them sang together.
"Over the hills was a great way off,
the wind shall blow my top-knot off."
The two girls smiled at each other and Grell clapped his hands.
"Oh I'm so glad you finally told her, Beth!", he said, "Now you two can live happily ever after! isn't that right, Bassy?" Sebastian laughed.
"I believe the only person May will be living happily ever after with is me!", he said. Grell frowned.
"Well that felt like a big kick in the nuts.", he said pouting.
Ciel laughed. "So, Sebastian.", he said, "When can we expect a wedding?" May felt a lump form in her throat.
'I hope after I make up with my parents- if I ever do- cause I'm going to need someone to walk me down the isle!', she thought to herself.
Sebastian smirked. "I assure you Young Master, it won't be long.", he said.
"Oh yay!", Soma exclaimed, "I love weddings! With all the dancing and the food and the cake!"
Ciel laughed. "Well I do love cake.", he said, "All the more reason to attend." Agni smiled at May.
"When you two do decide to get married, I will be honored to prepare the food for you.", he said. May smiled back at him.
"That would be great, Agni.", she said, "I'm sure the food will be great." Grell tapped his fingers together.
"I do hate to be a party pooper.", he said, "But I don't think I agree with this whole 'wedding' thing."
Beth rolled her eyes. "Oh, Grell.", she said, "Do us all a favor and shut your whore mouth." Everyone burst into laughter.
"I must say.", May said, "I wish I would have known we were cousins earlier on. I could have learned so much from you!" Beth smirked.
"Trust me you can!", she said, "And I'll teach it all to you before you get married!"

The carriage rolled up to the mansion and everyone got out to go inside. It was unfortunate that Agni and Soma wound be staying a while. May wanted nothing more than to rip Soma's head off and feed it to Pluto.
May sat in her room when she heard a knock on the door. "Come in.", she said. Mey-Rin walked through the door.
"May.", she said, "I need to talk to you." May raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, sure.", she said, "What's going on?" Mey-Rin shut the door and took a deep breath.
"I know about you and Mr. Sebastian.", she said. May felt her heart sink. 'Oh, bloody hell.', she thought.
May sighed. "Mey-Rin I'm so sorry.", she said, "I wanted to tell you but I didn't want to hurt you." Mey-Rin gave May a broken smile.
"It's okay.", she said smiling, "I still love you, yes I do!" May smiled back.
"And I love you too, Mey-Rin!", she said. May walked out of the room to go check on Ciel to see if there we anything he needed. When she found him asleep in the chair of his study, she decided it was best to do something else.
On her way to the kitchen to find Bard, she ran into Beth.
"Oh good.", Beth said, "I was looking for you. I was wondering if you wanted to have a cup of tea? Maybe I could teach you a few things." May smiled at her cousin.
"Of course.", she said, "That would be lovely."
May and Beth sat down in a sitting room with the light shinning through the windows.
"So.", Beth said sipping her tea, "I remember when we were little, we would play in the yard of your parents mansion and sing. Do you remember any of that?"
May shook her head. "I remember singing the song as a young child. it's all I would sing. and I remember singing it with a girl. I just to this day assumed it was a family friend."
Beth sighed. "Close your eyes." she said, "And focus really hard. See if anything rings a bell."
May closed her eyes and thought about her child hood. Most of it was her parents, and her brother always getting all the approval.
Beth began to sing. "Tom he was a pipers son. He learned to play when he was young."
May was suddenly back in her back yard fifteen years ago. She wore a blue dress her mother had made her, and she was running around with a little girl in pigtails, with a yellow dress on. They sang the song together. over and over and over again. They laughed and skipped around. May reached out and tapped the girls shoulder, and she turned around.
May's eyes flung open. "Was over the hills and far away..", Beth finished. May took a deep breath.
"Bethany.", she whispered, "Aunt Mary." Beth smiled.
"Yes.", she said. "Yes. that was us." May stood up and embraced Beth in a hug.
"Promise me.", she said, "After this day, you will never ever leave my side." Beth squeezed her cousin.
"I promise you.", she said.
The doors of the room swung open, and Beth and May stopped hugging each other. Bard stood in the doorway.
"Aye.", he said, "Sebastian wants everyone in Ciel's study. He said to hurry, so I assume we should." May and Beth looked at each other and ran out the door.