Chapter Two

A carriage waited outside the toy store and Sebastian opened up the door and escorted May inside, then followed her. he set her luggage down beside him and then tapped the roof, giving the driver permission to go.
"so, May.", Sebastian said as the carriage started moving, "Do tell me a bit about yourself. I'm quite interested as to why you're leaving home and not married."
May sighed and looked out the window. "I love my parents dearly.", she said, "but I needed to live my own life and stop living theirs. they liked to make my choices for me, and one day I decided that I'm 20 years of age, and I should start to have a life for myself." May looked at Sebastian, and he nodded his head as if telling her to continue.
"we're a wealthy family.", she said, "my father worked for and with the queen a lot, but I never really did understand what he did. my mother stayed at home a lot, or went out with my brothers wife, Amanda. around Christmas, Amanda had a baby boy, his name is Michael, so my mother spend a lot of time around him, Amanda, and my brother Eric. me, I just stayed in my room most of the time, reading. I dreamed of having my own life, and I guess now I'll have it." May looked back at Sebastian and smiled, who smiled back at her.
"do you think you'll ever get married, Miss May?" you shrugged.
"I'm not sure.", May replied, "now that I'll be a maid, it'll be a little hard to have time and meet someone. plus, I would have to have my masters blessing." Sebastian nodded.
"that is all very true.", he said, "but such a beautiful woman as yourself should surely be able to find a man." May smiled and blushed, this time covering it up with her hand.
"Why thank you, Mr. Michaelis.", she said. Sebastian smiled back at her, obviously seeing her blush.
"please.", he said, "call me Sebastian." the carriage rolled up the the Phantomhive manor, and Sebastian opened the door to the carriage. he carried May's bags to the front door as she stepped out and admired the large mansion before her. it was nothing out of the ordinary for her, because she used to see it all the time. Sebastian opened up the front door to the manor and May followed him inside. somehow, the inside of the manor seemed strangle familiar, May ignored the feeling and followed Sebastian up the large stair case.
after turning right and then left and then right again many times, May found herself standing in front of a door. Sebastian knocked on it.
"Young master.", Sebastian said, "May I come in?" Someone on the other side of the door granted access and May followed Sebastian in.
Sebastian set May's luggage down on the floor, and a young boy behind a desk set his papers down and looked up at her.
"Young Master, this is May Harper.", Sebastian said, "I ran into her while checking up on the toy store today, and she explained to me how she needed a job, and a nice place to stay. so naturally, I offered her a position as a Phantomhive maid."
the boy behind the desk didn't smile as May had expected him to. "very well, then.", he said, "May, my name is Ciel Phantomhive, but as long as you are working for me you shall call me 'Master', is that understood?" May nodded and did a small bow.
"yes, master.", she replied. it was weird calling someone else the name she was used to being called.
"Very well, then.", Ciel said, "Sebastian, show her to her room." Sebastian got down on one knee and placed a hand over his chest.
"Yes, my lord.", he said. He picked up May's bags and she followed him out of Ciel's study, back down many hallways. Finally, they came to another closed door that Sebastian knocked on.
"Mey-Rin?", Sebastian said, "May I come in?"
"oh, mr. Sebastian!", Mey-Rin shouted from behind the door. it was easy to tell that she was blushing. "why yes, come in!"
Sebastian opened up the door and revealed a large room with two beds inside of it and two dressers with a small window on each side of the room.
"May-Rin, this is May.", Sebastian said, "She will be joining the staff here at the Phantomhive manor, and I know you'll make her feel very welcome." he shot a wink at Mey-Rin who blushed.
"Make her feel welcome, yes I will!", Mey-Rin said. May smiled at her and took her bags from Sebastian.
"Thank you for carrying them for me.", she said, "but I think I got them from here.", she shot Sebastian a friendly wink.
Sebastian laughed, "If you insist.", he said, "Now, I'm going to take my leave. If there's anything you need, I'll be in the kitchen.", after he smiled at May, Sebastian left.
May walked over to her bed and put the luggage on it, opening it, and revealing her fancy clothes.
"oh my!", Mey-Rin explained, "what's a maid doing with those types of clothes!?" May laughed slightly as she closed the luggage.
"I guess the clothes I have aren't very fir for a maid.", she said stating the obvious.
Mey-Rin smiled at her. "Well don't worry!", she said, "I've got tons of outfits, yes I do! I'm sure we can find you something!" Mey-Rin opened up the dresser revealing identical maid outfits in different colors. "Now, which color do you want? I've got almost every color!"
May decided on a black outfit that was identical to Mey-Rin's. after putting it on, and looking at herself in the mirror, May decided that it looked nice on her.
"It's lovely, Mey-Rin, thank you.", May said smiling at her. Mey-Rin smiled back at May.
"Oh, you're welcome, May!", she said, "Now, I'm going to introduce you do the other servants here, yes I am!" May shook her head and smiled as she followed Mey-Rin out of the room that the two of them would be sharing.