Chapter Four

After dinner, May found herself walking to her room, questioning herself about the unusual dinner quests. "That woman had barely any clothing on.", she commented to herself, "and her boyfriend, lover, whatever he is, was wanting me to join his 'business'?" May shuttered to herself at that thought. "Lau, you're a weird one.", she said to herself.
"You do seem to talk to yourself quite often.", May turned around and saw Sebastian coming towards her. "I actually find it quite attractive.", he said smirking at May.
May smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear, looking at the ground. "Oh, why thank you.", she said, "I was just on my way to my room, I plan to retire for the night, I'm quite tired after all the interaction with Lau."
Sebastian laughed, "Oh, May.", he said, "Lau tries everyone out, especially the women."
May laughed. "That's right.", she said, "There's no part of me that wants to join his business and wear clothes that are inappropriate for any woman."
Sebastian laughed and took a step closer to May, lifting her chin up with his finger.
"it may be quite odd for a woman to wear such a thing.", he said, as his voice got softer, "but I wouldn't mind seeing you in it.", he whispered. a shutter was sent down May's spine as her face turned beet read and she felt it get hot. Sebastian laughed again and he noticed her blush.
'oh heavens, just kiss me already!', May told him silently. Sebastian let go of May and took a step back. 'Damn you, butler!', May cursed him silently.
"Well, May.", Sebastian said, "I will be retiring for the night, as should you. I'll see you in the morning, goodnight." Sebastian gave May a warm smile and she blushed faintly.
"yes, goodnight.", she said and she watched Sebastian walk down the hall.
When May got back to her room, Mey-Run was laying in bed reading a book.
"Hello there, May!", she said when May came into the room, "How was your first day at the Phantomhive manor?"
May thought back over her day, focusing on all the parts where Sebastian was close to her.
"it was.. lovely.", she said, trying to force herself to stop thinking about Sebastian, "thank you."
May slid off her dress and changed into her night gown before crawling into her new bed. she stared up at the ceiling as she remembered how it felt to have Sebastian so close to her. 'no!', she scolded herself, 'no! you just met the man! you can't love a man you just met!' May rolled over and shoved her face into the pillow and groaned.
"May, is everything alright?", Mey-Rin asked setting her book down. May lifted her head and moved her red hair out of her face.
"Have you ever felt like you love someone, but you haven't even known them for a full day?"
Mey-Rin smiled. "Oh, yes! Yes I do!", she said, "When I first became a maid here, I fell for Sebastian within hours! he was so sweet, yes he was! and the crush to this day still remains, yes it does!"
May frowned. 'Lovely. that means he's probably flirtatious with every new worker so they'll stick around. does that mean he seduces Bard and Finny? oh that's nasty.', she thought to herself.
"Say, Mey-Rin.", May said, "Was Sebastian flirtatious at all with you when you first came?" Mey-Rin thought for a minute and then shrugged.
"Not really.", she said. May felt a huge sigh of relief come over her. "Say, why do you ask, May?"
May opened her mouth to answer, but then remembered how Mey-Rin had just said she still was a crush on Sebastian.
"oh, it's nothing.", may said, "I just haven't had someone to talk like this with in so long, it just feels nice to have a girl friend.", she smiled at Mey-Rin.
"oh well we can become best friends, yes we can!", Mey-Rin said, "and we can share everything!"
May smiled at Mey-Rin and rolled onto her back. "Good.", she said, "I haven't had a best friend in a long time."
May woke up the next morning just before dawn and began to get ready for the day. Again, she chose a black maid outfit and chose to keep her hair down in fire red curls again. May and Mey-Rin walked together down the hallway towards the kitchen where they would meet Sebastian to learn their tasks for the day.
"May, I really am happy that you came to join us.", Mey-Rin said with a smile, "Now I'm not the only girl, no I'm not!" May smiled.
"I'm glad I came too.", she said, "so far, being a maid isn't so bad after all."
Mey-Rin smiled as the two maids made their way down the stairs and into the kitchen area.
Bard was leaned up against the counter and was smoking a cigarette. "Aye, ladies.", he said, "How are ya this morning?" May nodded and so did Mey-Rin.
"Good.", Mey-Rin said.
"Pretty good.", May said.
Bard smiled. "Well good!", he said, "Again, I don't know where Sebastian is, he's usually here before I even get here!"
Finny pushed open the kitchen door and then yawned. "Ah, good morning Miss May!", he said.
May smiled and let out a small laugh. "Oh, Finny.", she said, "Please, just call me May."
Finny giggled. "Okay!", he said cheerfully. Just then, Sebastian walked into the kitchen, with the look of Satan on his face.
"We have, um, guests.", he said. May's eye widened. 'Oh please, please, please don't let it be Lau!', she silently begged.
"Guests?", Bard questioned, "Who could possibly be visiting at this ungodly hour?" Sebastian rubbed his palm against his forehead.
"Trust me, only someone truly crazy." Everyone shot Sebastian a confused look and then followed them out to the entry way of the manor.
'is that a man or a woman?', May asked herself, looking at an interesting character with long red hair much like hers. Before May could even begin to think of a question to ask, the guest began to speak.