Chapter Ten

About a half hour after Sebastian and May's encounter, Mey-Rin came back into her room to prepare for bed. May say on her bed, braiding her hair to sleep in.
"Tonight was..interesting, wasn't it Mey-Rin?", May asked turning to her friend. Mey-Rin slipped on her nightgown and folded the sheets on her bed back.
"Oh yes, yes it was!", she exclaimed, "I was scared to death when Ash showed up, yes I was! But I'm glad Sebastian was able to scare him off!"
'Sebastian', May repeated in her mind. She laid down on her bed, playing with her braid and smiling.
"I'm glad he fought him off, too.", May said, "It could have gotten crazy if he didn't." Mey-Rin nodded.
"Yes, it could have.", she agreed, "But, May, I'm so jealous, yes I am!" May turned to face Mey-Rin.
"Why are you jealous, Mey-Rin?", she asked. Mey-Rin sighed.
"I saw you dancing with Sebastian tonight.", she said, "Oh how I do wish that could have been me, yes I do!" May gave Mey-Rin a sympathetic look.
"Oh, I'm sorry, Mey-Rin.", she said, "I didn't mean to make you jealous." Mey-Rin smiled at May.
"Oh, don't worry about it!", she said, "You two were so graceful together, yes you were!" May smiled up at the ceiling and blushed a little.
"Thank you. Mey-Rin.", she said.
"You're very welcome!", Mey-Rin said, "But I do think tomorrow will be the day I tell Sebastian how I feel about him!"
May felt her body freeze and she stopped smiling and playing with her braid. 'Oh, bloody hell.', she thought, 'What do I do. I can't tell her about Sebastian and I, it would crush her. But I also can't let her embarrass herself like that.' May sighed.
"Well that's totally up to you Mey-Rin.", she said. 'No! You loon!', she scolded herself. Mey-Rin smiled.
"I plan on doing it in the morning before he gives us our chores for the day! I'll make sure to get there before everyone else does, yes I will!"
May sighed and rubbed her face. "Sounds like a good idea.", May said. 'This is going to be a disaster.'

Hours later, Mey-Rin had fallen asleep and May was still wide awake staring at the ceiling. 'I have to warn Sebastian.', she told herself. May quickly got out of bed and quietly slipped into the hallway. She tiptoed passed the other servants room, where Tanaka was snoring like a bear and Bard had a pillow over his head.
May laughed to herself and kept tiptoeing down the hallway. Before she reached the end of the hallway, she heard her name being called.
"Hey, May, what are you doing?" May turned around to see a tired Finny rubbing his eyes. 'Ah, shit', May thought.
"Oh, hey Finny.", May said awkwardly, "Um, I was just going to get something to eat, I am awfully hungry." Finny smiled.
"Oh, alright.", he said, "Would you like me to join you?" May forced herself to smile at him.
"No, I'll be fine.", she said, "But thank you for the offer." Finny smiled back at May, yawned and rubbed his eyes again.
"Alright.", he said, "Goodnight, May! I'll see you in the morning." May smiled at Finny until he went back into his room and shut the door. Then, May took off down the hallway again.
"Sebastian's room is in the servant hallway. but I can't remember which door.", May said out loud to herself. She turned the corner, and saw a door at the end of that hallway.
'That has to be it.', she told herself. As she ran down the hallway, she tried to make sure her steps were quiet, so she didn't wake anyone else up.
When May came to the door, she raised a fist to knock on it. 'No. don't knock.', she told herself, 'If it's not him it could possibly end bad.' May thought for a moment on how she would be able to tell if it was Sebastian's room or not.
After a moment, May got down on all fours and peered through the crack underneath the door.
"Ah, bloody hell.", she said, "I can't see a thing!" May heard the door creak open, and she slowly looked up to see Sebastian looking down at her, smirking.
"Well this is a surprise.", he said, "I was sure I wouldn't be seeing you down on all fours like this." he winked at her. May blushed and quickly stood up and brushed herself off.
"This isn't the time for jokes.", she said. Sebastian laughed.
"oh no, dear.", he said, "It wasn't a joke." he winked at her again. May rolled her eyes and looked at Sebastian.
"I need to talk to you.", she announced, "Can I come in?" Sebastian stepped aside and May made her way into his room, and he shut the door behind her.
"Now, do tell me.", he said, "What is so urgent that you needed to come find me at this hour for?" May looked down at her feet.
"I really am sorry.", she said, "But I needed to warn you before tomorrow morning." Sebastian raised an eyebrow.
"And what would tomorrow morning bring?", he asked.
May rubbed the back of her neck. "It's Mey-Rin.", she said. "She told me before we went to bed that she planned on telling you how she feels about you tomorrow morning."
Sebastian raised and eyebrow and looked at May. "Oh?", he said, "And what does that have to do with you?" May shot Sebastian a look.
"What are you talking about?", she said, "You said you loved me, and you kissed me! Doesn't that make us like, in a relationship now?" Sebastian laughed and came close to May lifting up her chin.
"I'm afraid it doesn't.", he said, "As much as I would love to be with you, I can't yet, because I haven't claimed you as mine." May looked confused and pulled away from Sebastian.
"What?", she said, "Well then do it! How do you claim me?" Sebastian laughed and pulled May close to him.
"I need the one thing that Ash wants you to keep.", he said, "Your purity."