Chapter Twelve

Six months later and I was finally released from the hospital I sat on the hospital bed as I finished getting myself ready go to home well to my new home, I took in a breath as I picked up my bag and made my way out of the hospital Ryan and Matt were waiting outside on me. I smiled happily as I went over to them and hugged them both happily I then looked to see Luke and Katie waiting for a new car, I tilted my head then grinned happily I had no idea that things could change this much within the time the infection had ruined the whole city. I walked over to the car getting in with everyone else Luke drove us to a whole new street the houses looked as if they were only built, he stopped at a house and smiled at me I was confused slightly as well I had been in hospital for a while and I didn't know what was going on outside. I got out of the car with Matt and Ryan they took me inside to our new home I put my bag down and looked around, I took a deep breath as I seen everything was different we had stuff we never would off even been able to afford before the breakout. I looked at Matt as he walked me into the kitchen it looked as if it was a show house but it wasn't, it was our new home the pictures were hanging on the walls of Ryan's family and mine then pictures off our friends and people who we loved that didn't make it. I looked over at Ryan as I walked back outside to see Katie and Luke had gotten the house next door to us so I knew we would all never be ripped apart again, this would be a great new start Matt had started the local school which was a lot better than the one we used to go to.

The school had left me a letter saying when I was ready I could start Ryan was even at the school with Matt and me which was a great thing as well, I looked down at my hands then looked over at Ryan I soon walked up the stairs and looked seeing the rooms were beautifully decorated. Ryan took me to what was now our room I smiled softly looking at him as I walked inside and touched the bed, I turned and sat down as Ryan came over pushing me down softly and kissed me lightly. I grinned softly looking deep into his eyes Matt I heard calling out he was away to school I laughed as I never thought I would hear my brother say that, I looked at Ryan touching his cheek finally things would be getting back to normal and how they should be.

"Finally a happy ending," I said looking at him

"Not completely a happy ending" he replied

I sat up as he got up "What do you mean?" I looked at him

"I mean there is still some things to be done before it can be a very happy ending" he replied

I laughed softly "like what?" I asked him

"like" he took my hand and stood me up before he got down on one knee I looked at him shocked "get up Ryan," I said in shock

"Mia, we have been through a lot of things together from the moment we met and we both stuck by each other we never once let the world which was falling around us rip us apart. We kept fighting for what we loved and now we have everything we have always wanted, all we need is to finish off with a high and perfect note I knew from the moment we met I was going to love you because you opened my eyes you brought me back to life and gave me a reason to fight. I love how you smile and you kept fighting and protecting everyone you even turned yourself into a zombie at one point" He said, "But all that doesn't even matter now apart from our love....I want you forever Mia and I want us to be happy and have our perfect love story....Mia will you marry me?" he asked me opening a box with a beautiful diamond ring

I gasped looking shocked at him I couldn't believe he had just asked me to marry him I nodded happily "Yes of course I will marry you Ryan" I smiled as I hugged him happily

He slipped the ring on my finger and looked into my eyes as we kissed passionately and lovingly I never would off believed this in my whole life, I would be getting married to the guy who had saved me this was a new world for us all to stay over in and this would just be the icing on the cake. We both got up and well I went to school with Ryan and Katie and Luke joined us and I noticed Katie had an engagement ring on as well, I smiled happily as it was nice to see that we were both getting our happy endings.

"So when is the big day?" I asked Katie

"In a few weeks," she told me

"really when did you get engaged?" I asked

"We got engaged about 3 months after you were moved to the hospital," Luke said

I looked shocked as we walked into our new school I looked around as it looked more like a college than a high school, but it was a lot more welcoming, everyone who made it out of the infection were just glad to be alive and able to start over again those who I had once known as zombies still knew me as humans. We all had made new friends from this breakout which was a good thing, but we all still had to mourn the loss of our parents some lost everything one of the teachers here lost his wife and children his whole family wiped out in the outbreak.

I sat through a full day of school and things just started to fall into place but still in my eyes something was missing I looked over toward my friends and my soon to be husband, I wondered if anyone of them even thought about their lives before this especially Ryan and Luke because they never did open up about that. I just smiled and started to push it all away the final bell of the school day rang and we all walked out of the school and went home, we noticed a new family was moving in across the street a man, woman and children that must off been one lucky family. I smiled glad to see that at least one family had made it out alive, I walked into the house then seen Matt walking up the street laughed at him as he had his arms full of bags for some odd reason. I looked at him then tilted my head as he walked in before Ryan and I of course I was confused but I just shook my head not caring because too many rules before and I didn't want that again, I looked at Ryan and smiled happily I went into the kitchen sitting down at the table and began to do my homework, but it wasn't the same as it was before the outbreak. It was more interesting more like there was a reason to do it I looked over at Matt and Ryan both joined me at the table and did their work, I was glad to see there was a way forward for us all I heard the front door knock so I went and answered it.

"Yes?" I looked around but no one was there I noticed a box on the porch and picked it up walking back to the kitchen after closing the door

"What is it Mia," Matt and Ryan said

"I don't know" I just put the box down and went back to my homework

Once we had all finished our homework and put it away we opened the box together it was some photo albums we looked at them and seen it was our family pictures, someone had returned them too us and Ryan's pictures were among them as well but who would return something like this? I wondered I just shook my head smiling then bit my lip.

"How about we eat out tonight all of us," I asked

"Sure sounds good to me" Ryan replied

"Cool sure" Matt then said

"Can we come?" Katie said

We all looked toward the door and nodded laughing "sure"

I got up then went to Katie "we need to talk about weddings" I said

"Then let's go out or somewhere the guys can't hear" she joked

Katie and I went out back and started talking about weddings and what we wanted and show we were going to do it we noticed that things were going great, Katie and I had got our friendship back and nothing was going to stop us feeling happy again. When night came we all went out for dinner and drinks and well just had fun like normal people even though we had been through a heck of a lot, we made the best of the night and just kept having fun when we all got home we went to bed and just continued our lives.

A few weeks later and it was Katie and Luke's wedding everything was perfect and it had an amazing turn out which I knew Katie would be glad off, my brother walked her down the isle and his face was a soft pink the wedding went as she planned and dreamt which was another good reason. The day was bright and sunny as Luke and Katie became husband and wife everyone cheered and clapped, Katie and Luke smiled as pictures were taken we all had an amazing day and just like that the day went in. Luke and Katie didn't want to leave the country for a honeymoon because they worried other places in the world were infected, but it seemed it was only here that was but ah well it was just nice to see my friends happy and having fun. We all had the best time of our lives and I knew things would just get better from there I knew that Katie was settling down and next year we would be graduating, everything was new to me now I didn't have the same old things to do day in or out we had new things each day to do and it was fun.