Chapter Eleven

I lay there as they started to run tests on me they kept poking me with needles and other things taking my blood and soon I realized I was not feeling like a human anymore, I felt weaker than ever as if I was dying properly this time Katie had walked in as they allowed my friends to see me. I noticed Ryan and Luke come in next I blinked as my eyes were turning slowly back to brown the doctors I had been listening too now for a few days were talking about a cure, my blood was a cure the only reason I turned was because my blood was mixed with the infection which they were draining out of my body day by day my blood began to turn pure again. I frowned and just lay there I was now hooked up to an IV I watched as the water as I called it dropped into the tube and into my arm, Katie giggled at me and stroked my hair of course I believed my hair was a mess. It wasn't the doctors had been keeping me clean and so on to make sure when I turned back to human form I felt clean and how I should feel, Ryan kissed my forehead and I smiled I looked at them shocked I didn't have a clue how my body was starting to feel all these emotions again.

"How are you feeling Mia?" Katie asked me

"I've been better," I said my speech had came back quite quickly

"Welcome back to the land of the non-zombies," Luke said

I laughed softly "thank you Luke" I smiled

"It's nice to see you are turning back to the human you," Ryan said

I nodded "Yeah I have to admit it feels like I am dying but being reborn again," I said

"So how is the patient today?" the doctor said his name was Michael

I looked at him smiling "I am feeling better I could do with some fresh air can I go for a walk?" I asked

"In a few days Mia you don't have the strength to go outside especially with the near enough full month of testing we have done you," he told me

"A full month near," I said shocked

"Yes you've been sleeping most of it since the tests we did wipe you out we nearly lost you a few times" he explained

"So am I now doc," I asked

"A few more days we will be able to move you to the local hospital which is now up and running again you've missed a lot missy," he said

I smiled hearing that "So is the zombie time over?" I asked

"Nearly just a few more places we need to clear out then this city is going to have a new start" he replied

I smiled as I looked at Katie, Luke and Ryan they were smiling happily as if they were starting to rebuild their lives I noticed that Luke had Katie's hand which I smiled at, I reached over for Ryan's hand which he quickly took mine as if he had missed me things had clearly changed or was starting too.

"I have to go get my check up," Katie said

"What for?" I asked

"To make sure I am taking the treatment I am getting to make sure I don't turn zombie again" I smiled

"We get it too," Ryan said

"All of us or just you three," I asked

"All of us," they said

"Your blood is the cure so the zombies in the city the military mixed your blood with the cure which shown a stronger feeling aka you saved us all in the end, but they just don't know how Ryan turned human without the blood" Katie said

"I turned back because of love," he said

I rolled my eyes "you fell in love with a girl who near enough or better off was a zombie for a while" I teased him

We locked lips softly and things felt even better than before now that we both could feel the warmth of each others skin I never once believed that my blood was the cure, plus my boyfriend turned back because of my love for him I looked at everyone then smiled.

"Did they find my brother's body?" I asked

"I told them where it was," Luke said

"Why?" I asked

"They thought he should have a proper burial," he told me

I just nodded looking back down as I thought maybe they could bring my brother back for me Katie knew I was getting upset so she took Luke and left the room, Ryan remained with me and well he held my hand softly as I looked at him I thought for a moment.

"What does all this mean for us?" I asked him

"It means I will be with you forever if I can" he replied "I love you Mia and I will never stop loving you," he told me

I nodded "I love you more Ryan," I said as tears filled my eyes as I smiled

He smiled at me and we kissed once more then he looked at me with soft eyes he then grew a grin on his lips as I tilted my head I was confused, I watched him as he let go of my hand then walked out of the room I was in I sat up and looked toward the door.

"Ryan?" I called out "Ryan what are you doing?"

I sighed moving the blankets off me as someone walked in I gasped as I started in shock how was it possible my brother was killed yet here he was, he stood in front of me I looked at him as he came over to me and Ryan returned back into the room. I hugged Matt tightly refusing to let him go I then pulled back as I touched his face looking to make sure I was not dreaming, I smiled as tears fell happily I hugged him tightly again as he hugged and held me in his arms I couldn't believe this how did they bring my brother back from the dead.

"Matt" I looked at him

"Hey sis" he smiled

"Oh my gosh, how is this even possible?" I said

"I have no clue either Mia I just saw him walking around in tears and when I called his name he ran over to me," Ryan told me

"Miss me sis?" he asked

"Of course I did Matt I would always miss you no matter what" I hugged him tightly "Never you dare die on me again you hear me?" I said

"I will try" he replied

Luke and Katie walked back in a while later and seen Matt they smiled as we all hugged each other glad that we had made it, I looked up quickly wondering what had happened to the other zombies I soon saw some of the ones I noticed walking past. I smiled happily as I seen that the cure was working people were turning back to normal I looked right at my friends, boyfriend and brother smiling, we had our whole lives to start over with now the past was gone and we had nothing to worry about from the past anymore. All we had was to work out how we were going to rebuild our lives and work out how the heck we would get ourselves back into a normal life, with school and work and finding new homes to restart in which of course is hard especially when at one point you did have a home but now you just didn't have that anymore.

I was moved from the military camp to the hospital about 3 weeks after waking up and finding out my brother was among the living again, I lay back in the hospital bed as the room looked more like a hotel than anything the military were doing there best to make houses able to live in and making sure there was no dead running around. I smiled at Matt, Katie, Luke and Ryan walked into the room and sat with me, things had changed big time they were all staying in a hotel that the military had cleared out and anyone who hadn't got a home yet were living in the hotel. I grinned as I kissed Ryan my brother made a face at us which I laughed at, of course he would I then looked at Katie and Luke who had become closer and things were slowly getting back to how they should be.